The Episcopal Church of the Nativity is a historical church located along Eustis Avenue in Huntsville, Alabama. Built in 1859, the Gothic Revival structure of the church portrays the Ecclesiological Gothic architecture in the Southern part of the United States. It is a 14th century Gothic-inspired church that is made of bricks. One of its most prominent features is the monumental bell tower.
The architectural design of church was made by an architect Frank Wills. The first structure of the Episcopal Church of the Nativity was renovated by Will?s architectural firm. It was expanded with two more adjacent structures. The construction of the entire church took three years, and during the Easter evening celebration in April 23, 1859, the first mass was held in the newly built church.
It is considered as one of the most preserved Wills? structural designs because unlike other historical buildings, the church is rarely renovated. It has maintained its original design and structures and was declared as National Historic Landmarks of Alabama in 1990.
The Nativity Church has different activities for local folks and foreign visitors. It has regular Sunday worships, Sunday school, nursery, and spiritual development workshops. The church also supports children, youth, and adult education. It regularly conducts outreach programs for Huntsville community.
Some of these programs are Huntsville Assistance Program, Habitat for Humanity, FOCAL, a gift-giving activity during Christmas season, and Kairos, a ministry spiritual development activity for inmates. The church choirs, Nativity Choir and Youth Choir, stage series of concert for the church.
|Episcopal Church of the Nativity Videos|| Add Video|