Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Everhope Plantation Rating: None

Alabama Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Eutaw Email This Bookmark Print
Also known as the Twin Oaks Plantation and the Captain Nathan Carpenter House, the Everhope Plantation is a historic plantation house in Eutaw, Alabama. It was built in 1853 for Nathan Mullin Carpenter and his family.

The Everhope Plantation property was initially owned by John and Anna Rice. Carpenter acquired it in 1852 and started building a house. The design was mostly like the Pippen Place, the house of Carpenter?s wife?s family. The property stayed in the family until 1974 and passed from one owner to another for several times afterwards until being put back on the market in January 2011.

The Everhope Plantation is a part of the National Register of Historic Places and the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage for its architectural significance.
Edit Article

Everhope Plantation Pictures Add Picture

Everhope Plantation Videos Add Video