Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

First Presbyterian Church Rating: None

Alabama Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Eutaw Email This Bookmark Print
The First Presbyterian Church is a historic church in Eutaw, Alabama. It was built in the Greek Revival style of architecture in 1851 by David R. Anthony, a well established local contractor who did other construction works in the Eutaw area. He was also responsible for several other antebellum homes around the city.

The First Presbyterian Church traces its history back to 1824, when it was organized as a congregation by the Tuscaloosa Presbytery. It was initially called the Mesopotamia Presbyterian Church. The church had John H. Gray as its first minister from the congregation?s founding, from 1826-1836.

The First Presbyterian Church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in December 1974 for its historical and architectural significance.
Edit Article

First Presbyterian Church Pictures Add Picture

First Presbyterian Church Videos Add Video