Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Kymulga Mill Rating: None

Alabama Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Alpine Email This Bookmark Print
The Kymulga Mill is a historic landmark in Talladega County, Alabama. It was built in 1864 by a German contractor known as G. E. Morris for the Confederate Army captain, William H. Forney. The site was made a gristmill. Sadly, Captain Forney died even before it was finished, but his wife made sure it was completed.

Unlike other gristmills in the area, the Kymulga Mill was spared from the burning spree of the Union Army. It was sold four times in the past until the Childersburg Heritage Committee acquired it in 1988. The site was restored and was transformed from having water powered turbines run it to making it electric. This allowed the mill to continuously work until today, grinding corn meal using huge millstones.

The Kymulga Mill is currently located inside the Kymulga Park and is available to the public.
Edit Article

Kymulga Mill Pictures Add Picture

Kymulga Mill Videos Add Video