Home Forum Gallery Members Todays Posts

Stone Plantation Rating: None

Alabama Attractions / Landmarks / Places > Montgomery Email This Bookmark Print
Also known as the Barton Warren Stone House and the Young Plantation, the Stone Plantation is a historic house in the outskirts of Montgomery, Alabama. It was built around 1852 by Barton Warren Stone as a plantation house. It is best noted for its Greek revival style architecture.

The Stone Plantation was initially owned by the son of the Maryland plantation owners Warren Henley Stone and Martha Bedell. They also owned the Magnolia Crest plantation in Lowndes County. It served as one of the three plantations that Barton Warren Stone owned, aside from the Prairie Place and the Duck Pond.

The Stone Plantation is a part of the National Register of Historic Places and the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage.
Edit Article



Stone Plantation Pictures Add Picture



Stone Plantation Videos Add Video
Videos Not Found

Stone Plantation Threads
White Haven
Wild West in Tombstone
Barton Hall
Baynard Ruins
Stoney Creek Independent Presbyterian Chapel of Prince William Parish
Kenworthy Hall
Kent Plantation House




City: Montgomery
County: Montgomery
Address: 4975 Old Selma Rd
Zip: 36108
Phone Number: 334-887-3007
Category: Historical Landmark
Edit Details


Login or Register to Add Review