Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-10-2010, 06:42 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerphil View Post
Typical "BAMMER"
If we're gonna go on alligations and rumors. What are all the "Sabanites" going to do when he jumps ship for the Big "D"?
Typical Barner, when you get put into the "Dirty Spotlight" you start pointing fingers elsewhere. Saban ain't going to Dallas, he hated his original (and somewhat unsuccessful) trip to the NFL. If he goes back, it won't be for a control freak like JJ.

I'm sure you watched Sportscenter last night: Sources: Newtons Talked Of Pay-To-Play Plan - SportsCenter.com

Better invest in some cast iron umbrellas. Its about to rain a decade of ban hammers in Auburn.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:38 PM  
Mod Medic

Loxley, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7bars View Post
Typical Barner, when you get put into the "Dirty Spotlight" you start pointing fingers elsewhere. Saban ain't going to Dallas, he hated his original (and somewhat unsuccessful) trip to the NFL. If he goes back, it won't be for a control freak like JJ.

I'm sure you watched Sportscenter last night: Sources: Newtons Talked Of Pay-To-Play Plan - SportsCenter.com

Better invest in some cast iron umbrellas. Its about to rain a decade of ban hammers in Auburn.
This article proves nothing other than two people associated with the same orginazation that would stand to benefit from Auburn getting penalized accusing someone of something. When the investigation is done and the results revealed then we can talk. Unitil then try to keep the unsportsmanlike comments to yourself. BTW if this was brought up in January to the SEC, why is it that nothing has been done about it if it was true??? Must not be anything there..

Old 11-11-2010, 03:48 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Rogers' interview on the radio today put the first nail in the casket. He admitted to talking to Cecil Newton about pay-for-play, and he admitted to shopping Cam to MSU. That in itself is enough to rule Cam ineligible for this year. That means AU now has to sit him and hope the "this isn't a one man team" claims are true, or keep playing him and take their punishment later. Before you go discounting Rogers' interview, keep in mind that he was questioned by the FBI yesterday, and Big Brother doesn't take kindly to lies and deception. On top of that, he basically put himself out of work (as an agent/runner) by saying what he said on the radio. What motivation would he have to do that if it weren't the truth?

Weather or not AU paid him or not (a lot of evidence that says yes, but the jury is still out) doesn't matter now. All that matters is how AU conducts business in the following days.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:06 AM  

Anoka, Minnesota
Auburn better sit him now. The NCAA always says they take that into account when an player is in violation.

What needs to happen is for the NFL to ban the player. That would stop all this under the table BS.

It isn't a coincidence that all the schools with a high number of boosters always get the recruits. Cam Newton isn't the only player getting paid in the SEC. He just might be the dumbest one.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:48 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Brotherbill View Post
Auburn better sit him now. The NCAA always says they take that into account when an player is in violation.

What needs to happen is for the NFL to ban the player. That would stop all this under the table BS.

It isn't a coincidence that all the schools with a high number of boosters always get the recruits. Cam Newton isn't the only player getting paid in the SEC. He just might be the dumbest one.
Cam Newton isn't the only player getting paid/extra benefits at Auburn! Much less the SEC, much less all of college football.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:11 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
I honestly don't have a problem with players getting paid. Since the university gets a boat load of money from the players.

Alabama just has the panties in a bunch because they lost out in the SEC/BCS race this year. There is always next year. Just spend a little more money on a QB and it will all be good.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:36 PM  

Auburn, Alabama
Woah, I thought this thread was asking if anyone lived around Auburn. Do we really have to turn this into a poo fight about whether Newton/Chizik/Saban/Auburn/Alabama/Your Mom should play football?

Now: I'm a student here at Auburn now, and I've lived in Alabama all my life. About to go downtown and eat some foods as we speak.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:06 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillPall View Post
Do we really have to turn this into a poo fight about whether Newton/Chizik/Saban/Auburn/Alabama/Your Mom should play football?
No/No/No/Yes/Yes/No
Old 11-28-2010, 07:17 PM  

auburn, alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7bars View Post
No/No/No/Yes/Yes/No
CONGRATS BAMA. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST 3 LOSS TEAM IN THE COUNTRY
HOW BOUT THEM TIGERS
Old 11-29-2010, 03:46 PM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerphil View Post
CONGRATS BAMA. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST 3 LOSS TEAM IN THE COUNTRY
HOW BOUT THEM TIGERS
Honestly you guys deserved the win. We **** the bed big time. Dropped pass in the endzone and two big redzone fumbles in the first half, looked like we got on the bus and left at halftime for the whole second half.

Word to the wise: don't get too cocky about it. Had a bunch of my LSU fan buddies giving me hell Friday night. Look how the football gods rewarded them

EDIT: You're still only renting any trophies you MIGHT earn.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.