Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2010, 11:33 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
LA boy has to come stir the pot... (football)

...and no I'm not bringing up those awful purple and gold kitty cats.

I live in LA (a stone's throw from Baton Rouge no doubt), but my Dad is from Athens, AL (actually Elkmont but even fewer people will know where that is). So naturally, I know good football when I see it. The Crimson Tide are doing pretty good this year.

Now what scares me is those Auburn boys (I'll let them decide which of their mascots/names they want to be called this week). Do y'all realize how close Auburn is to a SEC and National Championship this year?

They are only 150 miles away from Tuscaloosa! Last time they were this close was 1992!

Old 09-22-2010, 03:15 PM  
I Need Beach Season NOW!

Daphne, Alabama
Roll Tide!

Actually I know exactly where Elkmont is located; I graduated from Athens State University. Lived in Cullman County before I moved to the coast 10 years ago. Use to be a good Bar B-Q joint right across the street from the college; just can't recall the name.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:30 PM  

Canton, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7bars View Post
...and no I'm not bringing up those awful purple and gold kitty cats.

I live in LA (a stone's throw from Baton Rouge no doubt), but my Dad is from Athens, AL (actually Elkmont but even fewer people will know where that is). So naturally, I know good football when I see it. The Crimson Tide are doing pretty good this year.

Now what scares me is those Auburn boys (I'll let them decide which of their mascots/names they want to be called this week). Do y'all realize how close Auburn is to a SEC and National Championship this year?

They are only 150 miles away from Tuscaloosa! Last time they were this close was 1992!
Shoot, they just got the recipe for ice last year. Now you want them to follow a map?
Old 09-24-2010, 09:02 AM  

BM, AL
I like Auburn and Alabama. Dont care which one wins, but when one of them has a title shot I want that one to win...

5 post
Old 09-29-2010, 06:35 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsr4me View Post
I like Auburn and Alabama. Dont care which one wins, but when one of them has a title shot I want that one to win...

5 post
Isn't that pretty much like saying you are both a Republican and a Democrat, depending on who is the President?
Old 09-29-2010, 06:37 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Doors View Post
Roll Tide!

Actually I know exactly where Elkmont is located; I graduated from Athens State University. Lived in Cullman County before I moved to the coast 10 years ago. Use to be a good Bar B-Q joint right across the street from the college; just can't recall the name.
I know the place you are talking about, but can't remember the name. Grandpa used to take me there every time we visited. I don't think they are open anymore though. Seems everywhere in Athens is closing. All they have now is Walmart, check cashing places, and chinese restaurants.

Must admit, I raid the **** out of Hibbett Sports everytime I'm up there. It's hard to find that beautiful crimson color down here.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:40 PM  

Decatur, AL
Roll Tide!

We have a tough few weeks ahead of us! I feel good about it but you know just about every team will play their best game of the year trying to knock off the reigning champs. Even Auburn makes me nervous with that Tebowish QB they have.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:02 AM  

Huntsville, AL
We knew going into the season that the young defense was a question mark. They're growing up, but they've definitely has some lapses. They looked pretty bad against USCe. We'll see how those young guys respond to that loss. That's what will determine how the rest of the season goes.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 AM  

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Saturday was frustrating to say the least. Can't figure out why for the life of me we decided to let Alshon score something like seven thousand touchdowns and never once decided to double cover him. Its not like USC has a whole team of play-makers. You stop Jeffrey and you stop Lattimore and their whole offense is stopped.

Likewise can't figure out why we decided not to use our Heismann-winning running back, the second string back with better stats, or the third string back who is just as capable. Instead we just let McElroy and the O-ling take sack after sack.

I sure how we grow up fast or we have a few tough ones to take on the chin in the coming weeks. As long as we can beat the luck-factory that is LSU football, I'll be happy.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.