Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2010, 07:42 AM  

Phenix City, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabrew View Post
The brewpub will have to wait on our wise legislators in Montgomery.
are you waiting the Brewery Modernization Act?

Old 11-28-2010, 07:49 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
I would like to make a suggestion to y'all.

Come to Virginia or another one of your closer neighbors and see what they had to do to over turn the opinions of those in Montgomery. I know Atlanta has a couple of Brewpubs. (Sounds like a great weekend of brewpub hopping and meetings to me. I'm just saying!)

I know when I moved to South Carolina in the early 80's you still couldn't buy playing cards on Sundays.

I am sure you have a list of their objections by now. If you don?t meet with the most conservative member of the legislators against the idea and figure out what you would need to show his fears are unfounded. AND then go to places like Virginia (Southern, central and western, not them damn Yankees in northern VA), Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Texas, And maybe Florida.

I am going to go to the Nook tomorrow night and see what there is there to sample of the local brews. I'm excited. I just got back from Ohio and have the Great Lakes Christmas Ale and it was astounding!

Old 12-01-2010, 06:16 AM  

Montgomery, Alabama
In Alabama you can either be a Brew Pub or a brewery, but not both with crazy restrictions on either side.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:41 PM  

Huntsville, AL
Yes, it is funny that the federal govt approves home brewing and 47 other states approves home brewing but the "Rednecks" of Alabama don't. Also, no lottery, no gambling and many counties aren't allowed to sell alcohol period. Also, Alabama does not allow sex toys to be sold anywhere. Now you can order them outside of the state and they can ship them directly to your home. Doesn't make sense.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:07 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwcphoto View Post
Yes, it is funny that the federal govt approves home brewing and 47 other states approves home brewing but the "Rednecks" of Alabama don't. Also, no lottery, no gambling and many counties aren't allowed to sell alcohol period. Also, Alabama does not allow sex toys to be sold anywhere. Now you can order them outside of the state and they can ship them directly to your home. Doesn't make sense.
WOW Tell us how you really feel. (I am just teasing)

Had I know, I'd have seen if I could have smuggled some thing in for you.

I am looking forward to the change. I enjoyed going to Huntsville and am lookign forward to going back.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:13 AM  

Huntsville, AL
Huntsville

Well, luckily I am in Huntsville, which is a city of very diverse citizens due to the Redstone Arsenal and NASA. This is one of the reasons that i love it here. I encounter so many types of people through my business (Portrait and Commercial Photography). I just love interfacing with different people with so different backgrounds and beliefs.

I was born and have always lived in Huntsville and believe that it offers a lot to the people who live here. The city officials have done great in managing and growing the city and the surrounding area. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a home.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:38 PM  

Huntsville, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwcphoto View Post
(Portrait and Commercial Photography)

I'm going to hijack my own thread and ask you what exactly you do in commercial photography? I have a degree in graphic design and am currently working as a technical illustrator. But I'd love to work in photography. I don't think I could handle portraits though. I'm not that much of a people person.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:53 PM  

Huntsville, Alabama
To steer thread back on topic.

Old Towne Amber is fantastic. Their Hefe is also really good if you can find it fresh and young, otherwise it goes south really quick and isn't worth the price of admission. Their porter is being tapped this Saturday at the Nook. I should be there.

I've not honestly had a chance to try anything from Good People yet, but I will say that what I've tried from Back Forty has been less than impressive. Under-attenuated comes to mind when I think of their beers.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alabama
Bookmark this Page!