Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2012, 11:21 AM  

Greenville, SC
Best truck to have in Alaska

I know.... Depends on what I am doing with it. here is my question... I am looking at the idea of purchasing a truck to pull a trailer with all y stuff from the lower 48 up to Alaska. Possibly a vehicle on the trailer also. This means I probably want a diesel, right? I would LIKE to get one to keep after settling in up near Palmer. BUT, I will actually be about 45 minutes from town so gas mileage would be an issue. Also, how bad is starting a diesel up there in the winter? I have never had a diesel, but am thinking about around a 2003 Ford 7.3 powerstroke. Anyone have thoughts on this? I cannot afford a $30000 truck. I am somewhere around $10-12k for one to keep, maybe up to $18k for one I would have to turn around and sell up there. Anything I buy here (in SC) should fetch a good resale up there due to lack of rust and whatnot.. Right? That is part of the reason I would just assume drive up what I am going to keep. Open to ideas!!

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.