Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 01:28 PM  

Lebanon, PA
Best way to see Alaska

Planning a trip to Alaska. What is a great way to see her?

Old 11-23-2010, 07:58 PM  

The big village, Alaska
In the summer.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:26 PM  

Ketchikan, Alaska
How much time do you have and what will you're way of getting around be? What do you want to do???? Camp, fish, hunt, shopping?
Old 11-25-2010, 12:34 PM  

Lebanon, PA
Looking to go up on a motorcycle. Want to go into Auke Bay to vist my step brother & go up into main part of Alaska. Not sure if a fairy is a better or quicker way.
Not into shopping & I am not into the usual touristy areas, but I suppose I will partake in some touristy placed.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:50 PM  

Wasilla, Alaska
The AK highway is a good trip--I've done it 8 times--and on a bike would be GREAT! The ferry is another good trip and you get to experience the inside passage wonders, add a week. But, to really see Alaska you need a plane and several years, it's huge, cut it in half and Texas would be the third largest state!

Oops, just re-read your post. You will need to go by ferry.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:22 AM  

Lebanon, PA
I suppose the AlCan highway may put more obstacles in my way like Moose? My riding buddy has the tendency to twist his throttle well past speed limits. For me, I like to but I don't want the fine or hassle.
The bikes are pure street, mine is a Moto-Guzzi Griso & his is an older Honda Pacific Coast.
Thanks.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:19 AM  

ALASKA
Alaska is a great place to visit by ferry is slow and a great pace you can camp on the deck and set up your tent. When you get to the road system visit all the state and National Parks, do some fishing, see some of the finest scenery any where. Take a lot of pictures and stop and talk to as many of the residents as possible. Watch out for moose and limit the night driving, not a problem in the summer. Enjoy your trip.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 PM  

Lebanon, PA
Having a step brother in Auke Bay & not only my step brother he is a Marine Corps brother. So I am sure well hope that he will be one great person to talk with. I enjoy speaking the residents & not those who trans planted there, even though a transplant could be great to speak with on how smoothly it took them be be accepted.
I do thank you for all the great info!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:25 PM  

Juneau, AK
Best way to see Alaska is by vehicle and without any plans. From Auke Bay, take the ferry to Skagway and spend a day. Drive FAST through Canada (nothing to see there), and go to Fairbanks, then Anchorage. On the way from town to town, stop, as mentioned above, at all the parks and such. The animals are usually not a hazard in the daytime, but at night they can be an issue.

Auke Bay is Juneau - Take a few days and hike some of our trails - Mt. Roberts. East and West Glacier, and so on. See the glacier(s) - lots of penguins See the Alaskan Brewery - lots of good beer for tasting.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:20 PM  

Lebanon, PA
Never heard of Penguins in Alaska or fact the Arctic too funny penguins in North America. Good one.
I know that Auke Bay is in the Juneau area & I thank you for the info.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.