Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2010, 09:35 AM  

Lebanon, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 264Win View Post
Yes we do come up to visit and end up staying. My wife and I came up in 1996 for our 25th wedding anniversary and are still here and plan to die here not any time soon. We spent 30 days touring the state by road and flew down to Juneau and did the marine highway to Skagway and back to Juneau. We drove to Homer and took the Ferry to Kodiak stayed at the state Park , Ft. Abercrombie, kayaked around Round Is. fished for halibut and king salmon and flew out to view the bears. Were hooked. Put a purchase offer on two cabins in one of the National Parks the Monday we got back.
Thanks for the bit. It sure helps to make up my mind on buying property in Alaska.
Thank again

Old 12-16-2010, 05:33 PM  

Alaska Marine Highway is the only way I visit AK.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:55 AM  

Fort Worth, Texas
I used to want to live in Alaska... Not anymore.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:31 AM  

Lebanon, PA
isn't amazing how 1 very pretty woman can scare the lesser off. People like that makes me want to move to Alaska even more.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:14 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
I'd love to see more suggestions on the motorcyclists that have visited Alaska. We plan to head up on a couple adventure bikes in the next couple years as soon as we can get the time and $$. Saving now for it. I am keeping notes on anything anyone suggests. I am familiar with the north in general since I am a northern canadian girl but now living in Virginia. So any suggested routes by motorcycle or "must sees" are appreciated. Thanks for starting this thread!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:02 PM  
100% Gun Nut

Evansville, IN
By boat in the early summer leaving from Washington state.
Yes take a cruise from what I understand it is the cheapest way and gives you the most access to tours and such. And the view is good for pictures from the boats going up through the deep fjords.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:35 PM  

Silverdale, WA
I lived in Alaska for two years. Loved it, but also know I am not likely to move back. I do have my sights set on a future road trip up there.

If it were me, I'd probably take a month or so and drive up and explore the state via road. I would like to come back to Washington State via ferry or use that on the trip up.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:33 PM  

Munising, Michigan
I drove up a little over 20 years ago and at that time they were trying to get the Al-Can paved for it's 50th Anniversary. Is it completely paved now?

My dad was always telling us stories about driving it numerous times in the 60's and 70's and how bad it was. Then when my brother and I went with him a large portion of it was paved and the rest was pretty decent gravel road.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:21 PM  

Munising, Michigan
Sorry for the repeat question....with a little poking around on here I got my own answer. It's paved the whole way.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:49 PM  

Best way to see AK is to live there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!