Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2010, 07:40 PM  

Las Vegas/Anchorage, NV
First thing to do in Alaska?

I'm moving to Anchorage Alaska in two weeks and wondering what I should do first for fun after I get settled in. Rent a show machine? Skiing? Snow showing? What are my options? Thanks

Old 11-15-2010, 08:34 PM  

The big village, Alaska
How deep are your pockets? There's all that and more. First things first, how are your winter driving skills? To get aquainted with driving on ice pick an empty parking lot with no curbs and put yourself in a skid to see how you and the car react. Basically put yourself in an uncontrolled situation in a controlled environment. Get familiar with how the car reacts to varies conditions. Then go out and find some fun things to do, don't get discouraged by the short days we have up here.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:08 PM  

Palmer, ak
As a skier I will SKI! Alyeska will be opening about then. It's a great mountain with a lot to offer.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:05 PM  

Anchorage, Alaska
permanent fund dividend

The first thing to do is to get your Alaska Drivers Licence! The sooner you qualify for the permanent fund the sooner you get a check! (Bonus!)
Old 11-22-2010, 05:29 PM  
Cheers!

Fairbanks, Alaska
Get appropriate tires for your vehicle. Make sure you have some established indoor hobbies for when the weather doesn't like you being in it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!