Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2010, 10:46 PM  

Fairbanks, Alaska
Ice Storm in Alaska

Can you believe the ice storm we are having here in the Interior? I had to go to work this morning only to find half of my coworkers didn't show up. We were told to go home at 1:00PM and not to come back to work tomorrow.

It was a wild ride home afterwords too. I made it almost all the way home only to get stuck on the road 100 yards from my driveway. My neighbor helped me get my truck out of the road. The real question is do I want to leave my house tomorrow?

Old 11-23-2010, 07:56 PM  

The big village, Alaska
So did you leave the house today? It was just as bad here in south central.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:24 PM  

Ketchikan, Alaska
Sounds like it's time for some tire chains.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:55 PM  

The big village, Alaska
Chains are alright till you break a link then you run the risk of damage to your vehicle.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:10 AM  

ALASKA
Ice Storm

I am semi retired so did not have to travel the roads, but we were clear on the main roads by Tuesday. We got a lot of freezing rain Monday and Tuesday but no power outages, lights flickered on and off a lot but no loss. Maybe it was good that no one was on the roads and contending with the ice. It is what it is here in the winter and some of the worst weather we get is when it warms up and then freezes. But we live with it and hope for colder weather this week and some snow to go along with it for the sno-gos.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!