Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2010, 01:10 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Please give me one good reason to visit Alaska

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks

Old 09-09-2010, 04:49 PM  

Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCinLA View Post
I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks
Alaska? Are you kidding? If reputation alone doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will.

I can give you lots of reasons NOT to visit though. Time & Money are the big two.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:34 AM  

The big village, Alaska
Come up in mid June, see what the land of the midnight sun is all about.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:56 AM  
Jeeper

Eagle River, Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterBoarder View Post
Alaska? Are you kidding? If reputation alone doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will.

I can give you lots of reasons NOT to visit though. Time & Money are the big two.
this was very helpful
Old 09-16-2010, 01:58 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Hah, I was kind of interested as to the replies of this thread, too. Give me some reasons to come out besides the "reputation"!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-16-2010, 06:22 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by remery829 View Post
this was very helpful
Well, you know, with stupid questions come stupid replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Hah, I was kind of interested as to the replies of this thread, too. Give me some reasons to come out besides the "reputation"!
OK...um.....scout out a location to plan your eventual relocation, so that you too can get in on the great state welfare, uh, I mean, PFD, program.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:58 AM  

The big village, Alaska
Quote:
What does a state have besides its reputation? And if the reputation of this great state isn't enough to get you to visit I'm not sure what will. Pick a season (summer or winter there are only two) and come up for a visit, bring your family we got plenty of room.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:44 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
What do you guys do for fun? That's a start...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-17-2010, 05:55 AM  

Quote:
What do you guys do for fun? That's a start...
Visit the lower 48?

I don't hunt. I don't fish. I don't ski. I don't hike. I don't bike. I don't own a boat (nor can I afford one). I don't snow machine (can't afford one of those either). I don't have a cabin out in the middle of nowhere (can't afford one of those either). I don't have any ATVs (can't afford) or planes (can't afford). I also don't go to the movies because it is IMPOSSIBLE to do so without being surrounded by rude people who can't seem to understand you shouldn't talk during the whole movie and/or you should hire a babysitter if you have a baby.

Anyway - I think you get the picture here. I work my butt off, save up some money, and take a trip somewhere else. Most recently (last week), I went to Vegas for a couple of days. Before that, it was Mexico. Before that, it was Florida. Before that, it was Russia. I dunno when my next trip will be, but I hope it is to somewhere warm where I can go diving.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:57 PM  

The big village, Alaska
For fun I go ride my Harley, or I go shooting, mabey out to the family cabin on the lake, dip netting on the Kenai was fun this year. What I don't do is sit around lamenting about the things I can't afford to do. The trick is just get out and do something even if it's just going to the movies, seems like you run into rude people just about anywhere these days. Mostly transplants from the lower 48.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!