Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 09-24-2010, 02:13 AM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
JLCinLA's Avatar

Los Angeles, California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 280 | Kudos: +30
Images: 3
Great description (grapeape)!
Definitely on my list and I will follow your map to the letter.

WaterBoarder;
I understand your point of view completely.
I live in Hollywood. I'm not an actor nor do I have anything to do with film making. Hell, I don't even go to see the movies!
I live here because I this is what I choose as my surroundings. I love to visit other places and will most likely choose another place to live in the future but for now this is where I want to be.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:40 AM  
Member

Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 35 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCinLA View Post
Great description (grapeape)!
Definitely on my list and I will follow your map to the letter.

WaterBoarder;
I understand your point of view completely.
I live in Hollywood. I'm not an actor nor do I have anything to do with film making. Hell, I don't even go to see the movies!
I live here because I this is what I choose as my surroundings. I love to visit other places and will most likely choose another place to live in the future but for now this is where I want to be.
I live here for two reasons:

a). Low taxes
b). Less people

I don't really care about killing moose, bear, fish, wolves or much of anything else, with the possible exception of mosquitos. But it's not like I care if anyone else goes around killing this stuff. Makes no difference to me.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:48 PM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterBoarder View Post
I live here for two reasons:

a). Low taxes
b). Less people

I don't really care about killing moose, bear, fish, wolves or much of anything else, with the possible exception of mosquitos. But it's not like I care if anyone else goes around killing this stuff. Makes no difference to me.
I suppose that's fair enough.
__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:33 AM  
Junior Member

Fountain Valley, California
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5 | Kudos: +10
Because it's there!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:42 PM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlllO View Post
Because it's there!
Hah - best explanation I've hard so far!
__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:34 PM  
Junior Member

River Vale, NJ
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10 | Kudos: +10
What would you guys say is the best part of Alaska to visit?
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:54 AM  
Member

Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 35 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinsc View Post
What would you guys say is the best part of Alaska to visit?
The airport. Walmart is way too crowded.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:03 AM  
Junior Member

Eagle River, Alaska
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6 | Kudos: +10
Fun

Anything outdoors! Ride a bike, hike, kayak, fish, ATV, ride motorcycle, go for a drive with the top down, FLY IN A PLANE OVER THIS BEAUTIFUL STATE, go on a glacier cruise, ride the famous railroad in the summer! Ski, snowshoe, snowmachine, ice fish, ice skate, ice climbing, LAND A PLANE ON A GLACIER in the winter!

There's just really not that much to do here
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:27 PM  
Member

Miami, FL
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 37 | Kudos: +11
I will go there next year, up to Prudhoe Bay
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:26 PM  
Member

The big village, Alaska
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 69 | Kudos: +12
There's not much to do on the Slope other then work.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.