Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2010, 12:45 AM  

Anchorage, Alaska
Not sure what others have already said, but as a new to Alaska guy I would have to say you should come for the seafood. Being from Utah we did not have a great seafood market, but up here it is delicious. I am a fan of the crab myself.
The summer is cool as you get the sun out for long hours, but this last summer was pretty lame. Too many clouds and too much rain. I have been told it is not usually like that though.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:25 PM  

Juneau, Alaska
Beautiful scenery, clean air, good seafood, and cool wildlife. Come to southeast Alaska from late April to June for the best shot at having good weather (ie not raining).

Old 10-04-2010, 04:41 PM  

Anchorage, Anchorage, Alaska
I dunno guys....I'd never travel thousands and miles and spend thousands of dollars for the sake of food. Seems like a weak argument.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:00 AM  

San Diego, CA
how about three reasons (ok, four)
Please give me one good reason to visit Alaska-pod.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Alaska-whalemouth.jpg 

Old 10-09-2010, 09:55 PM  

anchorage, Alaska
fresh air, scenery
Old 10-09-2010, 10:39 PM  

Cordova, Alaska
Visit because it is the most beautiful state out of all 50. I came to Alaska in 1995 and have been here ever since.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:32 PM  

Middleburg, Florida
I took my wife on a 7 night north bound cruise out of Vancouver up to Seward for our 10 year aniversary. It was well worth the money spent. if I ever go again, I would take the same cruise but leave a day early to see Vancouver and add the land tour on the train after.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:08 PM  

Wasilla, Alaska
One reason to visit is the fantastically awesome scenery. You would have to go to New Zealand to match it!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:29 PM  

I still have a cabin down at ninilchik, 3mi from deep creek, heck, been there since before the little harbor was put in. Alaska is the greatest place on earth for an outdoorsman and All that entails. What a wonderful place to raise a family! None Better!!

The people there take you in and Make you family. The summer earth quakes really Rock!!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:16 AM  

Warrenton, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterBoarder View Post
Visit the lower 48?

I don't hunt. I don't fish. I don't ski. I don't hike. I don't bike. I don't own a boat (nor can I afford one). I don't snow machine (can't afford one of those either). I don't have a cabin out in the middle of nowhere (can't afford one of those either). I don't have any ATVs (can't afford) or planes (can't afford). I also don't go to the movies because it is IMPOSSIBLE to do so without being surrounded by rude people who can't seem to understand you shouldn't talk during the whole movie and/or you should hire a babysitter if you have a baby.

Anyway - I think you get the picture here. I work my butt off, save up some money, and take a trip somewhere else. Most recently (last week), I went to Vegas for a couple of days. Before that, it was Mexico. Before that, it was Florida. Before that, it was Russia. I dunno when my next trip will be, but I hope it is to somewhere warm where I can go diving.

Wow, that's rough Dude, you are just trying to keep the population of your state down right? I lived in Fairbanks for a number of years and it is great, though I am a pilot. My last trip up was by RV, that's the way to visit I think, and take at least a month and go far north in mid to late June you'll love it.

Just remember, there is some kind of small airplane that sucks blood up there, take insect repellent.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!