Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2010, 04:42 PM  
Community Active

Florence, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4141 View Post
don't go. I lived in Alaska for 17 years... anyone who asks a question like that and has the wherewithall to take a trip like you say you're planning, wouldn't fit in... at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Are you talking to me?

What trip am I planning?

And I'm yet to find a place I don't fit in, so I doubt it...
I believe he was talking to WaterBoarder, Jake!

Alaska is the last American Frontier...Better see it while it lasts!

Old 10-28-2010, 08:11 AM  

Huntsville, AL
I'd love to visit alaska. I'm sure you natives would love to keep me out. I understand. We've been trying to keep the damn yankees out of Alabama to no avail. I'm a hunter/fisherman/hiker/camper/photographer so alaska holds a lot of interest for me.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:46 PM  

vancouver, washington
One good reason to visit Alaska?... to experience her beauty. Hands down you will be in awe above any other state. It's gorgeous!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:40 AM  
ntg

Bingham County, Idaho
I'd love to go to Alaska...it's always been a dream of mine.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:30 PM  

Chugiak/Eagle River, AK
There's no other State like it

I have lived a few places and Alaska is very unique. I was lucky to have a job that relocated me there for several years. I love the Kenai peninsula! There is awesome fishing everywhere, catching a big halibut or salmon is fun whether you call yourself a fisherman or not. Moose walking around downtown Anchorage.
My favorite time of year is late Summer, early Fall when the tourists and the mosquitoes aren't as thick, and the leaves are changing.

I drove the Alcan highway and if you drive up, there is some spectacular scenery on the way too.
Please give me one good reason to visit Alaska-mt.-mckinley.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Alaska-alaska-2.07.gif 

Please give me one good reason to visit Alaska-down_street.jpg 

Old 11-10-2010, 11:05 AM  

Las Vegas/Anchorage, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeApe View Post
Why visit Alaska? The highest mountain in the United States. It is the only place in the United States that you can drive north of the the Arctic Circle. The expanse of the state is something you will not experience anywhere else. You top out on a mountain as you drive from Anchorage to Fairbanks and can see so far your camera can't even get the entire vision that you see. The wildness of it all.

Drive from Anchorage to Fairbanks on stop on the way to check out Talkeetna and have a burger and beer both made at the Denali Brewing Company. Stop at the Talkeetna lodge and get a picture of Mt McKinley from their back deck. Continue on to Denali National Park, more scenery and more pictures. Continue to Fairbanks. . Visit Fairbanks for a day and then drive north on the haul road (Dalton Highway) it is the same road shown on the tv show Ice Road Truckers. Drive up the haul road until you each the Arctic Circle more pictures along the way of the oil pipeline. Return to Fairbanks. Then head south to Anchorage through North Pole, Delta Junction and down south through Glen Allen over towards Palmer past Matanuska Glacier and others along the way. Drop down to the river and pay the admission to hike to Matanuska Glacier, then when you get done hiking return to the road and swing in to The Long Rifle Lodge for lunch and an amazing view of the glacier. Then on to anchorage.

Then head south towards Seward and Homer to check out the Kenai Peninsula.

If you don't make it to any other state you should hit Alaska and make the loop as I mentioned, in June. The sun will be up most of the night and the scenery is something that will stick with you the rest of your life.
This is will be my first summer vacation plan for next year!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:16 PM  

Palmer, ak

Two of my favorite things about Alaska!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:16 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
See now that's what I think about when I think about Alaska! I think of fishing, riding 4-wheelers and snowmobiling for miles and miles

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-18-2010, 06:24 PM  

Anchorage
Go to Fairbanks during summer solstice and watch the midnight baseball game, first pitch is thrown at midnight and no flood lights for the entire game all played under the midnight sun!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:37 PM  

sainte-madeleine, Qu?bec
you could visit the magic bus from the movie into the wild

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.