Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2010, 02:07 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akd200 View Post
There is nothing to see or do up here, do yourself a favor and stay away! (Alaskan since 1959)

Wow, I am also a long time Alaskan, don't know what the hell you're smoking.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:50 AM  

Warrenton, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79822 View Post
How about the best fishing in the world, Where else can you walk 50yards from you back door, drop a line in the Kenai River and hook giant hard core fighting salmon?

And the trip up the Alaska highway is one of the most beautiful drives in the world, wild life galore, Waterfalls along the road, pure clean air, Great fresh sea food, good people etc etc.

You must visit the Kenai Peninsula, fish the Kenai and take a drive down to Homer and head out to the homer spit to do some Halibut fishing or do some whale watching tours, you can also catch a fairy from Homer to Kodiak Island and check out the Kodiak Brown bears.

I suggest taking your time on the drive, stop often and enjoy the state.
LOL Hey and Alaska is the only place you can catch a "fairy", their wings get stiff in the cold and you can sneak up on 'em when they try to warm up.

Sorry, I'm not the spelling police because I can't spell but a Ferry ride might work better.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:58 AM  
polarisgold

Post Falls, ID
The Daylight In Summer

I loved the long summer days.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:41 AM  
Brew Master Nate

Anchorage, Alaska
Here is the best reason to visit alone........ITS ALASKA!!!! How many people can say they've been to Alaska? Imagine being able to tell all your family and friends that you went to Alaska, say tons of awesome wildlife, drank the best beer, saw the greatest scenery and didn't even leave your hotel room!! (definately true if you go to Anchorage, Moose and Bear walk or run around downtown Anchorage, not to mention the major King Salmon run on Ship Creek runs right through downtown Anchorage as well) I'm only here for another couple of months and I'm going to miss this place so much. I HAVE to move cause the military says so but I will always remember and cherish my time here in the Great White North, America's Last Frontier!!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:42 PM  

Iowa
Denali. Absolutely incredible. If you can, I recommend making your way up to Wonder Lake.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:15 PM  

Why go to Alaska

The "Freedom of big open awesome spaces" comes to mind.

I went to Anchorage and Kodiak in 2001 and LOVED IT.. I can't wait to go back. Yes, I am an avid outdoorsman and "wilderness type" but there is so much to do and see there.. Go panning for gold ! Stroll the fur shops in Anchorage - increidble!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!