Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2013, 04:58 AM  

Greenville, SC
So why are there no ATV's on Anchorage CL?

I thought there would be TONS of ATVs on CL in Alaska? (I've only really looked at Anchorage..).

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 01-23-2013, 04:09 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Good question. I would have thought the same. I'm guessing there are tons for sale but the deals are going down without the need to post on CL.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:29 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Good question. I would have thought the same. I'm guessing there are tons for sale but the deals are going down without the need to post on CL.
I guess.... I know that when I visited Palmer in August, they were ALL OVER THE PLACCE and there are trails everywhere. I will be moving there and I will need (er, want) one... I am thinking I will buy one down here in the lower 48 (because they are all over CL here) and take it up. If I had a huge trailer I would maybe buy several and sell them when I got there!

Old 01-24-2013, 04:35 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I'm thinking any southern vehicle might be in high demand, but who knows with those fickle Alaskan sourdoughs.

Why are you moving from a nice climate to one that's so stinking harsh?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:06 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I'm thinking any southern vehicle might be in high demand, but who knows with those fickle Alaskan sourdoughs.

Why are you moving from a nice climate to one that's so stinking harsh?
Going to work in missions aviation. Work on bush planes, hopefully get my pilots license and go to alaskan villages to spread the gospel. Where I will be is near Palmer Alaska. The weather there is probably as mild as it gets for Alaska. Right this moment it is 30 degrees there and 28 degrees here. The summers are AWESOME there.

I hope to take at least one vehicle up there. Wish I could bring more. It's funny, I would have thought that the cost of vehicles would be higher up there but bluebook values are the same. You look on CL and they seem to be pretty close... I've been looking at all of that to weigh my options.

Oh, went and picked up an ATV last night to take up there. Good one I think. Honda Foreman 4x4 500cc.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:14 AM  

It seems you got yourself a great all-around ATV. I'm curious how wide spread the internet coverage is up there? Could the limited connections be partly to blame for the lack of ATV ads on Craigslist?
Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
It seems you got yourself a great all-around ATV. I'm curious how wide spread the internet coverage is up there? Could the limited connections be partly to blame for the lack of ATV ads on Craigslist?
I thought about that... But, it also seems that the Internet would be somewhat of a necessity due to travel distances... I know that where I will be living, there is a cell tower right next to us and we had wifi (well, the place we will be staying has wifi). I'm sure there is Internet in Anchorage. Not only that, the rest of CL had all kinds of ads...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.