Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-10-2010, 12:11 PM  

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Transporting Firearms Through Canada

How do you transport Firearms through Canada? What's illegal to carry through Canada?

Old 11-10-2010, 02:38 PM  

Las Vegas/Anchorage, NV
When I did my research every firearm is illegal to carry through Canada even if it is in a locked box. The recommended way from my research is to ship them from one FFL dealer here in the lower 48 to a FFL dealer in Alaska.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:27 PM  
Jeeper

Eagle River, Alaska
handguns and tactical weapons are not allowed. i drove through with two hunting rifles and a shotgun without problem.

when they ask to see the weapons and ask if you have anything else on you, let them know if you have a pocketknife. i lost a favorite knife that way.

also you cannot have ammunition with them
Old 11-12-2010, 01:07 AM  

Anoka, Minnesota
Don't due it. I know a friend who purchased a low serial number Winchester in Toronto and customs has never given it back.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:24 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by remery829 View Post
handguns and tactical weapons are not allowed. i drove through with two hunting rifles and a shotgun without problem.

when they ask to see the weapons and ask if you have anything else on you, let them know if you have a pocketknife. i lost a favorite knife that way.

also you cannot have ammunition with them
I've never been through Canadian customs, but I always forget about my knife when I go to places they aren't allowed. I typically ask one of the guards or what not, to hold on to it for me. I carry a nice Ken Onion Kershaw my wife gave me when we first started dating, and I always get "Knife? What knife? Oh we're just messing with you, here's your knife back.".
Old 11-22-2010, 06:41 PM  

Anchorage, AK
its just easier to have them shipped up
Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 PM  

Ketchikan, Alaska
Canada is a paranoid mess of a country. Don't try to take anything more powerful than spit wads into that country. THEY WILL take your weapons. Only criminals and police are allowed to carry there. Not a hunter or someone wanting to protect themselves.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:40 PM  

Fairbanks, Alaska
If you have hand guns you will have to take them to a gun dealer and have them send them to a gun dealer in the town you are planning on going to. As for rifles, just don't have any ammo with them and you will be able to transport them.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads