Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2010, 10:42 PM  

Fairbanks, Alaska
Where to fish for Winter Kings in Alaska

I am thinking about going down to Kenai this spring for the winter Kings. Does anyone have any advice as to when I should plan my trip?

Old 11-23-2010, 07:51 PM  

The big village, Alaska
I thought winter run Kings were caught out of Prince William Sound.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:22 PM  

Ketchikan, Alaska
Winter kings are kings that stay local. At least that's been my experience here in Ketchikan. They still seem to be in one place or another at specific times. I've had no luck looking for them on my own. But that's what the charter people get for isn't it?
You should contract a charter captain in the area you'd like to go, before you go, for better details.

But if you're going in the spring, they aren't winter kings anymore are they? Those are the kings that are making their run.
For some reason, Canadians seem to refer to them as spring kings, no matter the time of year.
I hope you do well. Those kings up in the Kenai are the biggest one's in AK. Good luck.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:08 AM  

The Kenai kings winter around Kodiak, thats a little secret that few know, several 50 and60 and occassional 70lb kings are caught Feburary through April. Most fish are 25 plus. I will be fishing Kodiak in March and April.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:03 AM  

ALASKA
I recommend you look at the prices for nonresident license AT www.admin.adfg.state.ak.us/license/prices.htm also include prices for surcharge
Old 01-01-2011, 02:24 PM  

Palmer, Alaska
Winter Kings

I suggest checking with your local fish and game office.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Alaska
Bookmark this Page!