Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Albany
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-10-2010, 07:45 AM  

Schenectady, NY
Albany area Restaurant Reviews

Thread Starter --

My wife and I stumbled across an Afghan restaurant in Schenectady recently: Kabul Night on Union street.

It was AWESOME!

The food reminded me of Indian or even Persian food, but with very little oil or grease and very subtle spices (not really hot like some Indian food.) The service was extremely good and they even gave me an extra dessert in a "to go" box when I told them the kids were at home with a babysitter. A real classy act.

The only minor downside is that they do not serve wine or beer.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:03 PM  

Albany, NY
I had some Latin food from Mr. Pio Pio in Albany today. The delivery took FOREVER, but the food was excellent. Next time, I'll eat there.. as good as it was I can imagine it would be even better hot out of the kitchen. Breaded steak, rice, beans, plantains and a small salad for 8.95. I still have a whole meal as leftovers too.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:57 AM  

Albany, NY
Some of my favorites are;

Milano's Latham
Creo - Stuyvesent Plaza
New World
Old 12-27-2010, 07:04 PM  

Millville, DE
What do people think of The Standard at the Cross Gates Mall? I want to check it out the next time I visit the Area.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:08 PM  

Albany, NY
If you're looking for good Indian food in Albany, you have to visit Aashiana on Central Ave. I believe its a block above Lark. The food is amazing and the price is super affordable. Plus, the owner Salim will greet you as you come in the door...what service!?
Old 12-28-2010, 05:23 PM  

Albany, NY
I was recently told about a Peruvian place on State St in Schenectady, called Flores. I have yet to go there, but from what I've heard, there are huge portions at a really reasonable price.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:04 PM  

Albany, New York
Thanks Cueball,

I will definately try to take the Mrs. to Kabul Night.

Took my wife, son and his girlfriend to The Wine Bar on Lark last night. The service was ok. They took a little long to bring our orders and the prices are high. IMO

I had the grilled salmon. It was the size of a 2 1/2" by 2 1/2" square with a few vegetables stuffed under it for $20.00.

Same with the other meals which were a beef dish and a chicken with pasta special.
A 12" plate with your meal roughly covering that 2 1/2" space in the center.

Quality of food was good. Quantity small. Overall very pricey.

You go there for the ambiance.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:35 AM  

New Hyde Park, NY
New World Home Cooking....never disappoints...
Old 01-05-2011, 06:54 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
If you like Mediterranean there is The Hidden Cafe in Deleware Plaza, Delmar. (I think it is still there).

There is also a couple of other little ethnic type places ( not just Bomber's) down by lark st in Albany, I just can't think of their names.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:42 PM  

Albany, New York
Tonight we are going to the Pump Station in Albany. I will tell you how it goes.

Follow up for the Pump Station. Poor to average pub fair, (my turkey burger had a stale bun and bacon was undercooked.) My wife haddock fish fry was half brown fillet instead of all white meat.

My sons had a reuben sandwich ( which he said was pretty good) and the other boy an asian
chicken salad which he said was good. Also, my wifes first batch of fries arrived cold.

I didn't have any beer but I have on good authority that they did a very good job brewing it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Albany
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.