Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Albany
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2010, 09:54 AM  

Catskill, New York
What is up with channel 103.1

Why does ClearChannel think that we want to listen to talk radio on FM? do they take us for being to stupid to hit the AM key on our radio's? It's a shame they got rid of a great radio station to multicast a talk radio station. what do you think?

Old 10-13-2010, 09:31 PM  

clarksville, tennessee
WGY is a station I listen to, but I don't know why they decided to put the same channel on FM. Now there is only one rock station

Old 10-17-2010, 07:06 PM  

Albany, NY
Pyx106 owns 103.1 and completely ruined the station.
I HATE talk radio. if I wanted to listen to talk radio I would flip on AM stations.

Talk radio is nothing but a bunch of opinions I could care less about and News that I can get from the internet.
Now, we are stuck to listening to 103.9fm
I only listened to 103.9 for Freebeer & Hotwings..lol
Now I guess We are all stuck with one radio station rather than the convenience of flipping between the two.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:17 PM  

Albany, NY
I agree. Albany radio gets worse every day. There is no point to have WGY on both frequencies. I'd like to see a radio station that plays stuff you don't hear every day. No matter what station it is, its the same 50 songs you hear all week.... PYX
Old 11-18-2010, 05:22 PM  

Albany, New York
Listen to Free Beer and Hotwings in the morning... screw everything else. At least there is no Bob and Tom in the Capital District. Go past Amsterdam and that is all that is on in the morning. We should consider ourselves lucky.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:26 PM  

Albany, NY
After using my father-in-laws car for the past few days, its reminded me how much I miss my Sirius. Screw local radio, I think I'm going back to sattelite. 100+ channels.. Jazz, Classic Rock, Hip Hop, whatever I feel like listening to aaand Howard Stern. I've realized what I've been missing these last few days.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:14 PM  
Class Clown

Schenectady/Albany, NewYork
Gotta agree,the AM side is heard from much farther away and it's talk where sound quality isn't as important.
No need to have it on the FM side.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:49 PM  

Albany, NY
Yeah talk radio on FM bugs me... especially in the morning when its impossible to even find a decent song on the ride to work. PYX and 103.1 have morning shows, as well as the edge (although i don't think they're around anymore...)

I stick to EQX... good music and good dj's. I can't tolerate much else
Old 11-29-2010, 08:52 AM  

Albany, New York
I only use AM/FM radio for one function: sports that aren't covered on XM (such as, as much as I dislike hearing them, the Yankees radio team when they're on the road) or sports that I can't get on TV (such as local college teams).

Other than that, it's XM radio for me. No need to switch channels every hour when I'm traveling, and anything I want to hear is a push of the button away (classic rock, hip hop, sports or comedy...)
Old 12-10-2010, 07:53 AM  

Schenectady, NY
Love it or hate it, talk radio is extremely popular in some circles, so 103.1 is just chasing the mighty dollar.

Given their background though, I'd love to see a full-time talk radio station target a younger demographic than WGY does. I've tried listening to the new 103.1 and it sounds like a bunch of cranky old dudes complaining about everything. It's light on any sort of reasoned discussion or on perspectives that even a 30-something could relate to.

I certainly miss the extra rock station on the dial, but if they had to replace it, they could at least have tried some original programming!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Albany
Bookmark this Page!