Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-29-2010, 07:01 PM  

Kingsville, TX
Breweries in town

I've been to a few breweries in town and wanted to know people thought of them.

Jolly Pumpkin - Delicious but fairly expensive. I've only been once on a short bar crawl.

Blue Tractor - The beers here are hit or miss. Most of the ones I've had have been great, but a few of them I've had to choke down. I don't find many beers I dislike but maybe these were variations I just didn't care for.

Grisly Peak - I'm pretty sure this was the name of it. Every beer I had here was delicious. The IPA didn't quite live up to what I expect from IPAs though.

Thanks for your input!

Old 01-17-2011, 12:45 PM  

brooklyn, MI
I have never been to any of those but they sounds like it would be worth the trip to visit them.
Thanks

Old 02-21-2011, 08:02 PM  

There is also Ann Arbor brewing co. Their Sacred Cow IPA when they do it in a cask is pretty darn good.

Blue Tractor has some very good pulled pork. Beer is good, but nothing great.

Jolly Pumpkin will certainly empty your wallet, but you'll leave happy.

And Grizzley Peak isn't bad either, but I would take any of the three above before there. (although I know plenty of people who would disagree with me)
Old 02-28-2011, 03:13 PM  

Ann Arbor, MI
I love the Blue Tractor. Most of their stander brews aren't anything to write about but their specials are great. I've had some amazing brown and a chocolate stout with actual chocolate. They also have a ridiculous happy hour(s) one at the usual time and another 10-12am.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:54 AM  

Saline 35 yr Native, MI
OG in Milan is great - Highly reccomend the Southpaw IPA.
Had a Ginger Ale aged in an oak whiskey barrel there last year - absolutly incredible!

The Corner Brewery in Ypsi is another favorite. It's affiliated with (owned by) the Arbor Brewing Co. in AA.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Michigan > Ann Arbor
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads