Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: would you attend a spring 2011 mogollon rim road run?
Yes I'm attending 2 18.18%
No I'm not attending 1 9.09%
I'll think about it 8 72.73%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2010, 03:21 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
arizona jeepers! mogollon rim run 2011?

spent the weekend up on the mogollon rim driving around some of the back roads and thought it would be pretty cool to get a bunch of jeep people i havent met together and drive the rim road and or possibly drive up and down some of the back roads ive found. its getting to that time of year where the weather is turning south up there so it would take place in the spring. i want to get alot of people to go, what do you guys think? think we could get a good amount of people to go?

if it goes over well it could be an annual deal. my cherokee is stock as of now so its all easy roads. but there are some technical spots in the back roads that a stock jeep can make it through.

i have quite a few ideas, just wanted to pitch the main one out there and see what the response is like. im coming out of a rough spot in my life and im ready to get out and meet new people!

Old 10-13-2010, 01:17 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
this was also posted on jeepforum.com in the arizona thread and the xj non-technical section. and on expeditionportal.com under the four corners region section.

because of the posting on ExPo i dont expect it to be only jeeps that show up. everyones invited. figured i wouldnt discriminate

Old 10-15-2010, 01:13 AM  
Zombie Nut

Tucson, Arizona
That sound interesting. I would be game. Is camping allowed in that area or would I need to rent a room?
Old 10-15-2010, 08:44 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
Sounds like fun. Are you talking about the rim road that goes out toward Bear Canyon Lake and Chevlon Lake? We go out there every summer and spend a week. Plenty of free rugged camping, plenty of roads, most of which are stock friendly. Chevlon Lake is beautiful but they closed the road down to the lake to only ATV/Dirt bikes.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:21 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun_Nut_2k1 View Post
That sound interesting. I would be game. Is camping allowed in that area or would I need to rent a room?
camping is allowed. this is where i usually go camping unless i can afford going to the white mountains. there are tons of spots. im deciding if it should be a camping deal too or just a drive of the rim. but either way i can show you tons of spots. there are camp grounds and alot of really secluded spots. just depends on what you like!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew520 View Post
Sounds like fun. Are you talking about the rim road that goes out toward Bear Canyon Lake and Chevlon Lake? We go out there every summer and spend a week. Plenty of free rugged camping, plenty of roads, most of which are stock friendly. Chevlon Lake is beautiful but they closed the road down to the lake to only ATV/Dirt bikes.
ive never been to chevlon. one of the few lakes up there i havent been too. im talking about fr300 which is the road that runs from hwy 260 starting near the mogollon rim observatory, on the payson side. it runs about 40-50 miles to highway 87 along the actual rim. so alot of spots theres drop off's with amazing views!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:23 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
so far i have one person from jeepforum on board. two from expeditionportal.com and i think a few from virtualjeepclub.com

i will try to upload the map i have and highlight it. or google map it and post it up for everyone to see.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:53 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
lets see if this works.
AZ-260 W/Payson-Heber Hwy to AZ-87 S - Google Maps
its kind of in reverse.. D is the beginning. thats where FR300 starts on highway 87. point C was just a random spot to keep google maps on that road otherwise it wants to take backroads. point B is where i want to stop for lunch. knoll lake. and A is the ending where we hop on 260 and head into payson.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:20 PM  

Glendale, Arizona
really sounds like it would be a great run. its just a matter of money. if i can get it, im in, if not...well better luck next time.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:24 PM  

hendersonville, tn
Yet again another trip planning like a million miles from TN lol Man I want to go and I want to go to Moab but it would cost me like $8,000,000,000,000 to ship it there and back.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:10 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
i think i did the drive in a mustang that got 5 mpg more than the jeep does and it only cost me like. 40 bucks. and thats minus food. shouldnt be to bad. maybe fill the tank before you go and get some more gas in payson. payson is 90 something miles from peoria where i live. shouldnt be to expensive. under 100. lol id say carpool but that would defeat the purpose

man you live right out by my uncle. if you could make it id say bring him out. hes in loudon tn lol. maybe some time ill head out to visit him and plan something out there lol

wait im retarded and should learn to read before i type lol i thought it said knoxville. i just read ville. idk where you live

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Bookmark this Page!