Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: would you attend a spring 2011 mogollon rim road run?
Yes I'm attending 2 18.18%
No I'm not attending 1 9.09%
I'll think about it 8 72.73%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2010, 02:06 PM  

phoenix, az
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
sweet deal. i better have mine ready. im going to college in prescott so the xj needs to get ready for a little snow duty. new front drive shaft. all terrains tune up. the only reason i would be stopped from going is. its at 311k miles and climbing fast. but i have faith in that little 4.0
The 4.0 will last forever if properly abused, I use my jeep primarily as a tow vehicle, as a matter of fact I just made room in the garage for the trailer because of multiple HOA notices. I am taking it to California with the trailer again next month to bring some of my wifes stuff up from her grandmothers. Nothing like a long drive in a underpowered vehicle with a loaded 14 1/2 foot trailer to make the night fun.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:20 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
i definately know how that is. ive towed our 16ft trailer loaded full of junk with the xj. i think if, or i guess i should say when it blows or i decide to rebuild it im going to have the head thermal cleaned and media blasted then decked and a quality valve job. reangle them and the whole shebang. port and polished and port match the exhaust and intake ports to the the intake and exhaust. and if i have to go over the block oh geeze idk. maybe up the compression a tid bit. redeck it micropolished crank. rebalance rods, crank..etc. might as well have the block cleaned as well. new caps...theres alot id want to do. and im OCD so if it doesnt get done ill flip thats why im hoping it holds out till i have a good source of income.

i have faith though i have taken a look at the valve train and for the miles that are on it. it looks almost brand new.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:21 PM  

phoenix, az
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
its kind of weather dependant. the road didnt open till late spring last year cause it snowed so bad. ill be in college at the time we go but im putting money away now for the trip. im thinking end of april early may. i think that would be the safe zone. hell throw out what weekends you dont have the kids and ill pick one of those! lol ive been waiting for someone to say "well, i can only go on this weekend" so i can use that as a start point. then from there try and work everyone to that date or one really close to it.

I can make april 23rd or may 7th weekend
Old 12-05-2010, 06:42 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
alright sweet deal i will post up those dates on jeep forum, virtual jeep club and expedition portal.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:45 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
we will be meeting at the mcdonalds parking lot (due to its parking lot size...) its in camp verde directly off the 17. as you are exiting you will turn east on 260 (gen. crook trail) it will be on the south side of the road. we will meet at 10am. from here it is a 45 minute drive to FR300 (if anyone wants to see the directions here it is 260-FR300 - Google Maps )
we will meet and kind of discuss what we want to get out of this trip, i.e. photographs, stopping at scenic views and maybe some light wheeling. also at this point if anyone has a CB radio we will tune into the same channel etc. im hoping at least one other person has a CB so they can kinda tag along towards the back and radio ahead if there are any issues with vehicles in the back....

again, it is a very decent road, my aunt will be taking her honda odessey so that sums that up...if god forbid there is an issue, i have a tow strap.

so. April 30th. 10am. camp verde. the 17 and 260 intersection mcdonalds parking lot.
my name is Colton, i will be in a red 99 Jeep XJ Cherokee. on on the 20th i will request all participants to contact me by PM here, email bldeagle10@yahoo.com or facebook.com/muldner id like to get phone numbers so we can be in contact on the way to camp verde so i know if anyone is running late etc. id hate to leave and have someone show up late and no ones there...
Old 04-24-2011, 12:07 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
since the trip is less than a week away im going to go ahead and ask that anyone wishing to go get ahold of me so i can get an official count of everyone going.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:10 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
so far seems like everyone is backing out.

bldeagle10@yahoo.com
facebook.com/muldner
cell: 602-505-8525 (texting only unless you message me otherwise [if you cant text or something])
if you are going for sure email me or hit me up on facebook, im on there more often and it all gets sent to my phone. the number is for the day of the trip. not the smartest thing to do (posting it) but eh. to tired to care.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:50 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
trip is a bust. april 30th is a bad date for everyone. reschedualing will commence shortly...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Bookmark this Page!