Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2011, 07:29 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
Isn't San Bernardino in California not Colorado?
The Colorado river shares the border with Cali, and AZ

Old 06-09-2011, 08:56 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
so that dead body must have been another weekend,
definitely not this holiday. I stumbled on the galleries of a magazine photographer and believe everything there is from old assignments. Any idea how many people turn up for Summer holidays like Memorial Day?

Old 06-09-2011, 09:02 PM  
fustrated genius

Arizona is bordered by California and Nevada along the Colorado River to the west side. These pics are from Arizona too.
Arizona photos! post them here!-camping-april-fools-day-123.jpg 

Arizona photos! post them here!-camping-april-fools-day-155.jpg 

Old 06-09-2011, 09:05 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
definitely not this holiday. I stumbled on the galleries of a magazine photographer and believe everything there is from old assignments. Any idea how many people turn up for Summer holidays like Memorial Day?
Usually, the triple digit temps knock all but the locals and hard core boaters out. Memorial day and Labor Day are the buisiest. Then the snowbirds start coming in for winter.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 PM  

The amount of people on the river is usually relative to the price of gas. Having just spent $4.79 (x 85 gallons) for a gallon of gas, it was not as busy as it is normally.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:50 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
The amount of people on the river is usually relative to the price of gas. Having just spent $4.79 (x 85 gallons) for a gallon of gas, it was not as busy as it is normally.
Curious because you just posted $4.79 and yesterday I paid exactly $3.79 in Oregon. You are being robbed.

Quote:
Usually, the triple digit temps knock all but the locals and hard core boaters out. Memorial day and Labor Day are the buisiest
I was wondering if anyone was crazy enough to hang out in the sun on an Arizona 4th of July. Do you throw fireworks from the windows of air conditioned rooms?

Seriously, that kind of heat would kill me the first year. I simply can't tolerate it and get ill. I grew up swimming in Minnesota lakes that had ice on them two weeks earlier. Now that I know how dangerous that is I'm amazed all our parents seemed unfazed by it.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:28 PM  
fustrated genius

Seriously, that kind of heat would kill me the first year. I simply can't tolerate it and get ill.

Two of my neighbors have died from heat stroke . . . they spent 35K on solar production equipment and did not have enough to run AC. Out here, knowing how to identify when you're getting too hot and what to do about it is crucial to life. Everywhere has good & bad things about it. That's why I say solar and wind are not what they're cracked up to be. Suplimental maybe. . .nothing but, NO WAY. Glad to be on the grid now. My solar is sold and gone. (I do keep a back up generator just in case)
Old 06-10-2011, 05:12 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Seriously, that kind of heat would kill me the first year. I simply can't tolerate it and get ill

Come on down
Old 06-11-2011, 03:26 PM  

Glendale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Curious because you just posted $4.79 and yesterday I paid exactly $3.79 in Oregon. You are being robbed.
that is curious...I just filled up my Jeep for $3.43/ gallon...
Old 06-11-2011, 03:28 PM  

Glendale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicondevil07 View Post
Seriously, that kind of heat would kill me the first year. I simply can't tolerate it and get ill

Come on down
if you cant take the heat...go to flagstaff?

yah it gets hot here...but really, once it gets past 110 its all relative...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Bookmark this Page!