Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2011, 09:37 PM  

phoenixville, pa
I'm looking all this stuff up! I hope I have enough time for it all.

Catfish - I was going to try to get to Mt Lemmon, I believe it is part of Saguaro National Park, but on the West side. I'm looking for info on the cliff dwellings you are talking about. Is there a place to rent rock crawling jeeps?? That would be a blast!

DaveOfPrescott - Let me talk to the family! We would need to rent bikes. I'll PM you in a few days.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:19 AM  

Upper Sandusky, Ohio
Apache Trail

Yeah, you will be busy. I hope you find time to relax as well. I have been on the northern part of the Apache Trail east of Mesa AZ. A large RV is not recommended and the big rental companies will not allow their RVS on "the trail". From Apache Junction to Tortilla Flat is all paved, but as you approach the Dam I believe it is more "trail like". I highly recommend stopping in Tortilla Flat for some great food. The road here is usually part of a little brook. The salsa is amazing, and the drive is gorgeous. When you think of AZ, you think of desert, but this area also has alot of water nearby. Although it was not on the Apache Trail, we took a guided boat tour on Saguaro Lake and it was very nice. I've seen alot of campgrounds with portapotties that are available to Jeeps and offroad vehicles near this lake as well. I was supposed to go to Sedona, but never made it, but hear its beautiful. Might find snow in the mountains. Also the road to Sedona is labeled as one of the most dangerous roads in america so be aware. Enjoy the trip, and go tanning before you go. I'm from Michigan and had sun poisoning/heat rash when I went in April. I'm attaching some photos of my trip to Tortilla Flat via Apache Trail. You're making me want to go back again! Lucky you! Have fun.
Help planing an Arizona vacation-imag0636.jpg 

Help planing an Arizona vacation-imag0637.jpg 

Help planing an Arizona vacation-imag0633.jpg 

Help planing an Arizona vacation-imag0635.jpg 

Help planing an Arizona vacation-imag0638.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Bookmark this Page!