Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-07-2011, 09:57 PM  

Goodyear, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post

just be sure you come during the cooler months. trust me. it doesnt matter how beautiful the state is. AZ sucks in the summer.
I have to disagree. If you live in Phoenix or Tucson, within a couple of hours you can escape the heat and head to the mountains. Same for the winter if you want to ski. In northern AZ are the White Mountains full of lakes and streams for fishing. Greer is a great mountain get away place.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:46 PM  

Phoenix, Arizona
Sedona is great. It's comparible to Garden of the Gods in Colorado. Slide Rock is also right there. It's definately worth a stop. There's also a really cool old mining town called Jerome. It's not too far south of Sedona (in highway terms), and it's got lots of "haunted" establishments, and it's worth a stop, too.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:18 PM  
Zombie Nut

Tucson, Arizona
Old Tucson is a hoot, or was when I was younger. Add the Grand Canyon and it's a must see state.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:00 AM  

near Tucson, Arizona
This time of the year you can snow ski and water within 90 minutes of one another...

330 days of sun per year
Old 02-13-2011, 07:38 PM  
fustrated genius

I get insulted when someone talks about southern AZ as boring. History!!!! History is NOT BORING. Tumacacori and San Xavier missions are in so az. Tubac presidio is there and while you're in the area, stop in for lunch or dinner at Wisdom's Cafe. They have GREAT food and their deserts are AWESOME if you order their fruit burrito a la mote. Santa Cruz Chili & Spice has crazy good spices, I always spend a FORTUNE there on spices and picante sauce. Also the town of Tubac has gift shops and art centers that are unsurpassed.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:22 PM  

Well said....+1 for you HiHood!
Old 02-13-2011, 09:27 PM  

Tucson, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
I get insulted when someone talks about southern AZ as boring. History!!!! History is NOT BORING. Tumacacori and San Xavier missions are in so az. Tubac presidio is there and while you're in the area, stop in for lunch or dinner at Wisdom's Cafe. They have GREAT food and their deserts are AWESOME if you order their fruit burrito a la mote. Santa Cruz Chili & Spice has crazy good spices, I always spend a FORTUNE there on spices and picante sauce. Also the town of Tubac has gift shops and art centers that are unsurpassed.
Don't forget Arizona's only Civil War battlefield at Picacho Peak. Also a great day hike.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:31 PM  
has thinkfor of any that?

hot hot phx
its really close to california.... thats the only thing i like about it...
Old 02-26-2011, 12:36 PM  

Another Reason

Sedona is amazing!
Old 04-18-2011, 09:29 PM  

Prescott, AZ
If you visit Sedona don't forget Jerome..(cool town) there are some great stops to make in AZ. Tombstone, Bisbee, Tuscon, Prescott, Jerome all have history. The Grand Canyon, Canyon De Chelly, Lake Powell, have some grand natural beauty.
Hope you hve a great time

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads