Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2011, 07:36 AM  
fustrated genius

Santa Cruz Valley

I just took a trip down south to Santa Cruz Valley. The Presidio Tubac Historical park is amazing. The town of Tubac has arts and craft shops of nearly any kind you could imagine from sculptures, to paintings, even furnature and the like.

The Tumacacori mission is BEAUTIFUL. It is preserved, not restored, and gives a glimps of early Spanish colonial life.

The place that got me though was across the road from the mission called Santa Cruz Chili & Spice Co. They have the best ever Hot Picante Sause and can really spice up your life for you. I would strongly reccommend their Arizona Steak spice, I just tried it on grilled steaks yesterday over mesquite and WOW!!!

Below: Tumacacori mission . . . .inside Santa Cruz Chili & Spice store.
Santa Cruz Valley-trip-096.jpg 

Santa Cruz Valley-trip-158.jpg 

Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 AM  

Rio Rico, AZ
One of the best pizza places is at Tubac. Also in Tubac is the first state park in Arizona. The Tubac Presidio. Lots of local history there also.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:59 AM  
fustrated genius

Yes, I love the presidio. Been there many times. Tubac is "sacred" ground to me. The little school house too.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona
Bookmark this Page!