Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arkansas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2011, 12:01 AM  

Rogers, Arkansas
Wal-Mart Country gotta love it, there building this area up fast

Old 02-01-2011, 01:27 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug View Post
There's also a good deep dish pizza place in Bentonville just off of Walton Blvd. Can't remember the name off hand, but maybe someone else can help. While you're at it try the A Taste of Thai, also off of Walton Blvd. ...Good stuff.
<--Gusanos. it's epic.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:29 PM  

San Jose, CA
You can even get your vehicle registration renewal at Walmart Stores. Yippee.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:23 PM  

Bentonville?

It's a great place to live! Low crime and while there is a ton of outdoors stuff to do there is still quite a bit to do here. within a 30 mile radius you have Rogers, B-Ville, Springdale, and Fayetteville. So i'm sure there are quite a bit for you to explore.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:17 AM  

Northwest Arkansas
I don?t see where anyone has attempted to answer your question seriously, so I will give it a shot?.

Can I assume that since you call yourself GatorDude that you are from Florida? I am a Florida Gator alumni and have been living in Arkansas for the past 30 years, the first 20 in Hot Springs and the past 10 in Fayetteville, working in Bentonville, and no, I don?t work for Walmart.

My son and I are outdoor people and take full advantage of the great outdoor activities that abound in this area of the country. My wife, on the other hand, is not and her idea of roughing it is on the rare occasion we take out the 40ft. motorhome.

It?s difficult speaking only in the terms of Bentonville as you asked in your question; up here we refer to the location as Northwest Arkansas because the area between Fayetteville and the Arkansas/Missouri State line (including Springdale, Bentonville, and Rogers) is pretty much one large town.

For sports we have the Arkansas Razorback?s (the Hogs) and the Semi-Professional baseball them the Arkansas Naturals. As I mentioned I am a Gator at heart and the Hogs are one of our SEC rivals but it works out ok. After 30 years I am now a Hog fan as long as it doesn?t affect the Gators. When the Gators come to town I wear Gator garb and not Hog garb.

For shopping we have two large malls, one in Fayetteville and a brand new one in in Rogers (Promenade Mall) which is high end and very nice.

Tons of nice movie theaters and at the Walton Arts Center (Fayetteville) we have Broadway plays, musicals, ballets and the orchestra. There are several art galleries and the Walton family is building a very large, very nice one in Bentonville right now.

Tulsa is only 1.5 hours away, Kansas City is 3 hours away, Dallas about 5.4 and Memphis is about 4.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:23 PM  

Alma, AR
Traffic

One big negative to warn you about. The morning and afternoon rush hour are reminiscent of big city life. You will see why they call it the future Dallas.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 AM  

TULSA, OKLAHOMA
Another neg, about the Walton's! they live to put the mom and pop good ole stores out of biz! and treat their employees like dirt giving breaks as they feel that they should be given and using child labor overseas to build sew and package their crap. also raises for their employees are almost non existent, how do i know? my sister in law is a 25yr employee & has seen ALL of this. for this reason in my opinion the Walton's can go screw themselves!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arkansas
Bookmark this Page!