Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-20-2011, 03:20 AM  

Well my friends and I still get that craving for some Friday night Monopoly at times. Though I must agree that things have changed with it and how things go about in the game. It was not long ago when we still use paper bills but now, you already have a credit card expansion which makes it easier for you, but personally, takes half the fun. It still feels different to be able to hold your money and budget it rather than just swipe and get what you want from it.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:55 AM  

Houston, Texas
Monopoly was one of the few games I enjoyed. Always lost like any other board game. Trivial pursuit I would win on occasion.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:53 AM  

Nashville, TN
On Sundays the girls and their husbands come over for dinner. We usually end up playing domino's. When the weathers nice we're outside and play a couple games of Corn Hole (which is a lot like lawn darts except they don't hurt as much we you throw them at someone) and drinks a couple brews. I guess Corn Hole is a board game with a bigger board.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:55 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
On Sundays the girls and their husbands come over for dinner. We usually end up playing domino's. When the weathers nice we're outside and play a couple games of Corn Hole (which is a lot like lawn darts except they don't hurt as much we you throw them at someone) and drinks a couple brews. I guess Corn Hole is a board game with a bigger board.
I learned what corn hole was recently and still giggle when I read it.

I play dominoes, not so good though.

I play Gin Rummy a lot with my wife. She's good at it. Like most thing in life I am only OK.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:44 AM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin;132071[B
]I learned what corn hole was recently and still giggle when I read it. [/B]
I play dominoes, not so good though.

I play Gin Rummy a lot with my wife. She's good at it. Like most thing in life I am only OK.
Um, well...Oh, never mind, I guess we have a code of some sort of conduct around here I guess...and better smilies than some other places.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:59 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
Um, well...Oh, never mind, I guess we have a code of some sort of conduct around here I guess...and better smilies than some other places.
Did you wanna talk about corn holing?

Old 11-21-2011, 04:39 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Did you wanna talk about corn holing?

Naw, were good.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:22 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I'm not sure a game called Corn Hole would go over well up here. Too many bizarre connotations

But Dominos is fun. I used to play that a lot. We still play Gin Rummy quite a bit. It's a fun game.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I'm not sure a game called Corn Hole would go over well up here. Too many bizarre connotations

But Dominos is fun. I used to play that a lot. We still play Gin Rummy quite a bit. It's a fun game.
We enjoy it. It's easy to play and we keep score based on games played not running tally so we can play it anywhere without pen and paper.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:30 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Picked up CandyLand, going to play it tonight with my little lady.

Can't wait!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads