Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2010, 08:14 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Good TV series

Hey guys - so my family doesn't have cable. My kids were watching it a bit too much, and I was watching too many sports, so we bit the bullet and just got rid of it!

Now my wife and I enjoy just renting DVD versions of series to watch at night after the kids go to bed - we like things like:

- Fringe
- Law and Order: SVU
- House
- Lost
- Cake Boss (hah random I know)
- Pawn Stars

So we're looking for our next TV show to watch, preferably something that already has at least two seasons out, so that we have plenty to watch! I'd like some recommendations on what are some good shows to watch that we'd actually be interested in.

Anything?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-04-2010, 09:47 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
NCIS is a good one to get hooked on. There are quite a few threads that link season to season.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:24 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Cool thanks man! We rented the first disc of Prison Break season 1 tonight. We're just going to watch an episode or two from a few different shows and see what catches our fancy

Old 11-05-2010, 02:20 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Into Scifi at all?

Stargate SG1 is cool, lots of seasons, Stargate Universe is super cool, but hated by most fans of SG1.

Destination Truth is alright in smaller doses.

I'm a huge It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia fan, but stay away from this last season, it's been pretty terrible.

Louie is a great show, it covers some less than pleasant subject matter though, I would not watch it with my kids if they understand English. I have a three year old with a tenuous grasp.

I can keep going. How old are you if you don't mind me asking Jake? I find a lot of the humor I like doesn't convey well to the over 50 crowd. To much sarcasm, not enough clips of animals doing stupid stuff.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:21 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
23, so not quite to 50 yet

Old 11-05-2010, 02:29 PM  

Uh hum...and your point is?
Old 11-05-2010, 02:30 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Easy, killer. Don't want any trouble from the retired crowd. Just answering his question!

Old 11-05-2010, 02:37 PM  

I'd hit you with my cane, if I wasn't so blind to find it, but at least my memory is still good....what were we talking about?

Sorry for jacking this thread, we will now resume our regular broadcasting.........
Old 11-05-2010, 03:12 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
23, so not quite to 50 yet
Wow I was wrong about you. I am older, creepy.

Check out my shows then you will like them. Maybe not Stargate stuff, that may be to nerdy for you.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:53 AM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Eastbound and Down, Bored to Death, Curb your Enthusiasm, Extras, John from Cincinnati, Deadwood, Dead like Me.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!