Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-26-2011, 09:32 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Louie

Who else is watching in silent wonder? The series is redefining the genre and adding a much needed realism to an otherwise disturbingly fake TV world.

In the days populated by orange skin, people being famous for nothing, belligerence as entertainment, it's nice to have a some iota of intelligence on TV.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:50 AM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Agreed. Amazing show. The hour long episode last night I imagine will win some sort of award. Also the episode a couple back with Doug Stanhope. I went to see Stanhope live and he talked about how CK called him and asked him if he could act; that he needed to be a deadbeat, down and out comic. He joked about how there was no need to act.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:34 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
That episode with Stanhope was great. I like how each episode is different, like the one where Louie and the girls drive out to see his aunt. It was a simple story, but unlike the other episodes. Good writing. It is cool too, how he makes you identify with him, and cringe, and laugh all in one episode.

I loved the one where he was on the USO tour. I didn't know who Keni Thomas was, and it was cool that he played himself in that one.

Did you guys watch his previous show too? It was similar to this one, but more "fictional" I guess - not as good. It's like it was a trial run for this one, and this time he got it right.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:12 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Life with Louie or St. Louie?

I have seen neither.

I liked the one with Dane Cook as well. Intense.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:41 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Lucky Louie. It was on HBO. Similar feel, where he can't catch a break, with lots of awkward humor. Pamela Adlon was also a co-star in that one.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:59 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I'll check it out.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads