Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2010, 12:20 AM  

Florida, FL
Man with no Name...

or Manco? Discuss

Old 12-27-2010, 09:04 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I know one, not the other.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:06 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Here's the whole story....

Man with No Name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZer View Post
or Manco? Discuss
Old 01-04-2011, 10:45 AM  

Bellevue, Washington
Did you know the guy who first played Boba Fett tried to imitate the man with no names posture and mannerisms?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:46 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
No, I wasn't aware of that although he seems to play the same kind of character. I read a little about him in this link and it appears he was played by several different men. My

StarWars.com | Fett, Boba

StarWars.com | Databank

http://www.bing.com/search?FORM=VE3D01&q=Boba+Fett
Old 01-06-2011, 12:45 AM  

Bellevue, Washington
Quote:
Fett is primarily played by Jeremy Bulloch in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Bulloch was cast as Fett because the costume happened to fit;he did not have to do a reading or a screen test, and Bulloch never worked from a script for either film.

Filming the role for The Empire Strikes Back lasted three weeks. The actor was pleased with the costume and used it to convey the character's menace. Bulloch based his performance on Clint Eastwood's portrayal of the Man with No Name in A Fistful of Dollars;[similar to the Western character, Bulloch cradled the gun prop, made the character seem ready to shoot,[20] slightly tilted his head, and stood a particular way. Playing Fett in The Empire Strikes Back was both the smallest and most physically uncomfortable role Bulloch has played; Bulloch said donning the heavy jetpack was the worst aspect of the role.

Bulloch spent four weeks working on Return of the Jedi. He was unaware of Fett's demise before filming began and was "very upset" by the development; he would like to have done more with Fett. Still, Bulloch believed killing Fett made the character stronger, and that his "weak" death makes fans want the character to return. Bulloch thinks a scene created for Return of the Jedi Special Edition in which Fett flirts with a woman is not in keeping with the character's nature.

Logan had not seen the Star Wars films prior to being cast as Fett, but he watched the original trilogy at Lucas' request.The actor had to rely on his imagination for the bluescreen filming.
I'm not really a Star Wars nerd but I watched Empire over Christmas and remembered how much I liked Boba Fett and found this interesting because I also like the man with no name.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!