Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2010, 09:16 PM  

san marcos, texas
Just watched predators last night and it was pretty good. It had it's stereotypical roles and predictable moments, but all in all it was worth watching. Robert Rodriguez was involved in the film so maybe that is what kept it from becoming too lame.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:24 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
Just watched predators last night and it was pretty good. It had it's stereotypical roles and predictable moments, but all in all it was worth watching. Robert Rodriguez was involved in the film so maybe that is what kept it from becoming too lame.
I don't know, Machete got some pretty bad reviews.

You aren't the only one saying it was good. After AVP I didn't want to mess up the Predators or Aliens any more than I had.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:59 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
Anyone going to see Skyline when it comes out. Looks like it's going to be a special effects flick.

Predators is decent except for the larger Predator thing. Weren't they bad ass enough before?

Splice is weird on an uncomfortable level.

Jonah Hex was good but it seemed kind of rushed. Not like the current comic book to movie program that builds up the story line first.

All time favorite movie of recent time is still Dark Knight. Can't wait until the next one comes out. Seen some disturbing news that Charlize Theron is going to be Gordon's mistress. And someone not even in Theron's league is playing Batmans love interest.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:27 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Brotherbill View Post
Anyone going to see Skyline when it comes out. Looks like it's going to be a special effects flick.

Predators is decent except for the larger Predator thing. Weren't they bad ass enough before?

Splice is weird on an uncomfortable level.

Jonah Hex was good but it seemed kind of rushed. Not like the current comic book to movie program that builds up the story line first.

All time favorite movie of recent time is still Dark Knight. Can't wait until the next one comes out. Seen some disturbing news that Charlize Theron is going to be Gordon's mistress. And someone not even in Theron's league is playing Batmans love interest.

I agree that Splice was weird on that just weird level. I fast forwarded through a good bit of it.

Ohhhhhh man Batman movies make me happy every time. They're one of the few movies that I actually go see in the theaters.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-05-2010, 08:52 AM  

Rockwall
I was trying to find a random episode of Grey's Anatomy last night when I discovered Amazon now rents movies via the internet. You pay $.99 and get to watch it instantly on your computer. Pretty convenient.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:57 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Or get netflix for like $8/month and watch all the movies instantly that you want?

Old 11-05-2010, 02:21 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
My sister likes Grey's Anatomy a lot, but told me to stay away from it I wouldn't like it.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:40 PM  

Grey's Anatomy has "jumped the shark" once too many times for me. I still watch it, but not really interested with it anymore.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:42 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
"jumped the shark"? Do I have to be retired to understand this? Someone retired translate please!

Old 11-05-2010, 03:05 PM  

OK, youngin', let me explain. when dinasaurs were roaming the earth, and I was a little kid, there was a TV show called "Happy Days". When their rating began to fall (according to the rock scribers) they had a character named "Fonzie" who, in order to increase ratings, had a segment of him with his leather jacket, water skiing. During this episode, a shark almost ate Fonzie. In order to get out of the dilemma, he "jumped the shark." From that point on, "jumping the shark" means to do something so outlandish that it increases ratings.

Got it sonny?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!