Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-21-2011, 10:33 AM  
Traveler

My Project for the Summer--The Great Kate

?Drive on. We'll sweep up the blood later!?

So, I now know what my problem has been---not enough Hepburn in my mind.

This will be fun--obsessive compulsively I will learn all there is to know about her. I actually have been taken to the vicinity of her home in CT. A friend from Boston did that for me. Waving toward Bean Town.

What a wonderful project. The films I will have to watch--the thrill of research ---it will lead to many interesting experiences and then I will write and start telling stories.

lol--simple enough---stop thinking---clear your mind and the answers come.

for those chained to technical devices--I don't know what to suggest. Entirely too anal for me.

Lights, camera, Action---say a few words --a call it a day. Rest and relax and do it again.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:46 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
So you're going to become a Hepburn aficionado? Sounds awesome!

Old 06-21-2011, 02:46 PM  
Traveler

Start out with the movie that came out the year I was born, and won her an oscar, "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner" with Spencer tracey and Sydney Poitier. Another good film of hers and one of her last was "On Golden Pond" with Henry Fonda.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:02 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Start out with the movie that came out the year I was born, and won her an oscar, "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner" with Spencer tracey and Sydney Poitier. Another good film of hers and one of her last was "On Golden Pond" with Henry Fonda.
I love those movies. I love all of her films.

lol--for a while I was 'obsessed' with Annette and Warren--'An Affair to Remember'--oh Warren. I need a guy just like 'Bugsy'--working on that---the idiot. He really set me off---lol. Anger--good for getting things Done. In Olympic style---I don't know who I was today---Hepburn, Benning--maybe Betty Davis--she was a good 'B'. I have seen the great films--need to see lots more. Inspiring. Yes, the Great Ones know how to Do It.

Kate--'An Affair to Remember'--was that her last film? I have the book, 'Kate Remembers/Remembered'. should be reading it now. lol

After I blasted someone who had it coming --I went to the 'source'. We'll see how fast I get some attention. I have been raising 'H' here since 1951---never understood.
When they have to pay to see my ALW production on Broadway--maybe then they will understand. I am going to email my friends in the Arts--they'll help me.
If anyone spoke to Bruce/Springsteen the way I was spoken to--a song would be written and performed the globe. Dancing in the Dark--This Gun's for Hire.

BRUCE BRUCE BRUCE BRUCE---ALMIGHTY.

he knows God, well. When I say Bruce--I am talking about Him. I am Jeremiah, the Bullfrog--a good friend to all--even if they don't 'understand'. The time has come a few things are going to be finally understood here. In the ATL. Hotlanta, GA. my hometown.
thank you--atlantagreg--Semper Fi---I am a Marine, too. Trained by one of the Best. My prinicipal--to 'Sir' with Love. from his Lulu. Respect---yes, dues have to be paid and then we can proceed with courage and conviction.

Kate surely said something like that. I know she did.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:42 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
How about her role in the Movie with John Wayne.......Rooster Cogburn......

Rooster Cogburn (1975) - IMDb

Quote:
Rooster Cogburn (1975)

108 min - Action | Western - November 1975 (USA)

Your rating:
-/10

Ratings: 6.6/10 from 4,172 users
Reviews: 41 user |11 critic

Marshal Rooster Cogburn unwillingly teams up with Eula Goodnight to track down the killers of her father.

Director:
Stuart Millar

Writers:
Charles Portis (character "Rooster Cogburn" from the novel "True Grit") (suggestion), Martha Hyer

Stars:
John Wayne, Katharine Hepburn and Anthony Zerbe

Rooster Cogburn (1975) Trailer

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.