Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2011, 09:35 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Netflix

To big for their britches?

I don't run a billion dollar company, so I think me attempting to understand the nature of their actions might be a little like a mouse debating physics, that being said though, what the heck are they thinking?

Changing to anything other than the Netflix name, that has served them as they put the hurt on Blockbuster and everything else in their path, is a folly in my though. I know not of the new platform, but now I am forced to double my time online to get DVD's that I rarely watch because most of what I want is streaming.

The point of Netflix was convenience, something they are actively doing away with. No matter the minuteness, my only real complaint, aside form the price hike, is why mess with a good thing?

Old 09-21-2011, 02:08 AM  
island girl

Chicago, IL
netflix streaming sucks, by the way. they don't believe in buffering, so it you need to go back a little, it starts redownloading again from that point - instead of just reading from the buffer.

just for that reason i quit using netflix for streaming, i use megavideo & videobb (through sidereel).

Old 09-21-2011, 08:50 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I've never had a buffering issue. Sometimes my internet isn't working right and the Wii can't connect, aside form that though I've been moving along smoothly.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:45 PM  
island girl

Chicago, IL
it moves along fine, but try to "rewind" a little if you want to watch a certain scene again, it will start redownloading and rebuffering instead of simply reading from the buffer.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:16 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
That's true. I've only had to do that a couple of times.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:04 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
I tried Netflix. I thought they had a very poor selection of movies for streaming. If you want anything new in the last couple years they didn't have it. For DVDs, it's easier just to get one from Redbox or one of the local movie rental stores.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:20 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
We only have one movie rental store in town now, if it'spopular, it's checked out.

I'm liking Netflix, but I understand not everyone is into Documentaries and Japanese television.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

« Thor | American Dad »