Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2018, 05:43 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
new fall 2018 winter 2019 shows

This is a thread for the new autumn 2018 TV series and the 2018/2019 winter series.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:50 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
manifest

Manifest airs at 10 p.m. Eastern time on Mondays on NBC.
It's similar to Lost, about plane passengers. In many ways the premise is similar to the Stephen King miniseries The Langoliers. However, in Manifest, the plane has disappeared for 5 1/2 years and then suddenly reappears. It's been only a few hours on the plane itself. So the passengers' families and friends have assumed the passengers were dead and so moved on with their lives.
I've never seen any of the cast members before, and the lead actress, whose name is Melissa Roxburgh, has the darkest, thickest eyebrows I've ever seen that clash with her blonde hair. I wish she'd let her hair go back to its natural brunette and get her eyebrows waxed! She'd be much prettier.
Her character is annoying in that she won't talk to anyone about her problems, even though her anxiety is worrying her family and co-workers.
I wish there weren't so many conspiracy theory plots in this show. I've seen enough of them elsewhere.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:54 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
new amsterdam

I am really enjoying New Amsterdam. It's yet another medical drama, this one about the public/trauma hospital in New York. It reminds me at times of St. Elsewhere, my all-time favorite medical series.
I've yet to figure out all the characters and their relationships. My favorite character has been Vijay, the bald Indian doctor. His character is smart and sad and sometimes laugh-out-loud amusing.
The psychiatrist in the show is hard to watch. The actor looks so much like Orson Welles that he takes me "out of the show" out times.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:14 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
The "new" show FBI, has so far been predictable and boring. The lead characters are uninteresting. I keep hoping it will improve, but so far it has not.
The new show Happy Together has not been very good either.
The companion show to it, The Neighborhood, has at least been watchable.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:06 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
god friended me

I didn't watch CBS's God Friended Me when it debuted last fall because I was watching another series, and besides, I was uninterested in another search-for-conspiracy-within-conspiracy shows with dark sets and unlikeable characters.
I am delighted to say that I was wrong!
This is a gentle little family drama on Sundays that is about a young men who is friended by someone named God on Facebook and then gets friend suggestions from him, people who he learns are having problems and could use his help. The show reminds me of Early Edition and Touched by an Angel.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:11 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
miracle workers

I watched The Good Place for its first season, but stopped because the plots kept repeating and the characters had gotten very unlikeable.
I hope Miracle Workers doesn't suffer the same fate.
This show airs on TBS and stars Daniel Radcliffe as a nerdy angel who gets a new assistant in heaven. Although I don't like who plays God, Steve Buscemi, I like all the other characters.
The show is in a half time slot, so it moves quickly. It's often funny, especially when God gets irritated!
Old 02-23-2019, 11:59 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
Proven Innocent

Proven Innocent has been an excellent addition to Friday night TV. It has a back story/soap opera, but that is not the main focus of the series. It is about a woman who was wrongly imprisoned for a murder and is now a lawyer working on cases of others who were innocent but found guilty of crimes. Each episode fortunately is singular and doesn't carry over with a lot of conspiracies.
I thought the lead actress was Amy Adams, but it is a woman I've never heard of. The show's villain is played by, of all people, Kelsey Grammar!
Proven airs at 9 p.m. US Eastern time on Fox.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:08 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
The FBI has improved as the season has gone on. Thankfully "Happy Together" is gone. I just wish that CBS would dial back the reality series. The "World's Best" is a mishmash of boring entertainers doing nothing new. Just a poor imitation of "America's Got Talent", another show that has reached hopefully its end.
Survivor is nearing the end hopefully too. At least, they help Netflix increase viewers.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:35 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
What do you think about "Fam"? It seems uneven to me. Some funny parts, some really bad.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:51 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
the village

I gave up on The Village, a new drama on NBC, after 2 1/2 episodes. For one thing, a number of the characters look alike and I can't tell them apart. The other was that the show was boring!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!