Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2018, 07:53 AM  
Site Team

Ohio
downsizing

Downsizing and Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets have been my two favorite movies of 2017. Both of them were beautiful, creative and entertaining and had stories I hadn't seen before.
I saw Downsizing on New Year's Eve. It was an older audience, probably because it was R-rated, but there is no bloody gore in it, although there is some cursing and use of the F-word. This is the tale of a man (played by Matt Damon) who is shrunk to 5 inches tall and goes to live in a community in New Mexico designed for all the people who have had themselves made smaller. The premise is that they are using fewer resources, but of course there is more to it than that, as he learns.
The movie is advertised as a comedy but it isn't, although there are a few funny scenes and lines. It's definitely science fiction/fantasy, but doesn't have magic or aliens shooting at each other.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!