Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-24-2011, 10:47 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Old School Games- Wii

I purchased the Arcade version of Golden Axe for the Wii and recently relived my hours spent standing at that machine pumping it full of quarters.

My wife and I managed to to get to the end pretty quickly but now all I want to do is go home and play.

I also got Super Mario Brothers 2. Did you know that wasn't originally a Mario game?

Super Mario Bros. 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the wiki

The original Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2 is known in America as Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels. Visually, it looked like Super Mario Bros., with the same basic game format but with a higher level of difficulty.[4] Nintendo of America disliked the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2, which they found to be frustratingly difficult and otherwise little more than a modification of Super Mario Bros.. As they did not want to risk the franchise's popularity, they canceled its stateside release and eventually decided on reworking Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic into the Western Super Mario Bros. 2.[4]

Old 08-24-2011, 10:55 AM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
I still have to following systems, in perfect, working order. They are not replacements, or models I've purchased recently.

Atari
NES
SNES
Gameboy
N64
Sega Genesis
Playstation 1 & 2
and a lame-o xbox360. This one hasn't red-ringed...yet. But the other 4 I have purchased have. Step your game up Microsoft.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:56 AM  
What page are you on?

I should have kept my Wii, though. And the PS3.... I regret selling them.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:56 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
I have a Wii (both hard and soft modded) I run all of my games via HDD (But sadly never play it anymore)

Back in the day, I had a modded PS2 and was heavily into the modding scene. If your Xbox360 is red ringing (3 lights o' death) the fix isnt too terribly difficult, if you have taken a computer apart before. (Its a matter of cleaning/reapplying heatsink grease)
Old 08-24-2011, 12:58 PM  
What page are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
I have a Wii (both hard and soft modded) I run all of my games via HDD (But sadly never play it anymore)

Back in the day, I had a modded PS2 and was heavily into the modding scene. If your Xbox360 is red ringing (3 lights o' death) the fix isnt too terribly difficult, if you have taken a computer apart before.
I've taken each of them apart and fixed them. They worked great for a few weeks and it'd happen again. Craigslisted them for 50$ each and sold em all.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:25 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
I still have to following systems, in perfect, working order. They are not replacements, or models I've purchased recently.

Atari
NES
SNES
Gameboy
N64
Sega Genesis
Playstation 1 & 2
and a lame-o xbox360. This one hasn't red-ringed...yet. But the other 4 I have purchased have. Step your game up Microsoft.

Do you have controllers for the 64 with the joysticks still fully functional, and if so where did you find them?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.