Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 10-15-2010, 03:24 PM  
Senior Member
 
clag39's Avatar

fort myers, fl
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 154 | Kudos: +12
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I couldn't handle all the touchy feely lets talk about it.
that's what they make earplugs for....
__________________

__________________
visit:WWW.BERSACHAT.COM
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:33 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Good point. I can see that going over well.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:37 AM  
Member
 
bigjoe's Avatar

New Paltz, New York
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 123 | Kudos: +19
I enjoy pretty much all the shows that have been put out. I don't think the others are as good as the original 79 shows but still pretty good. I mean as you read this Star Trek is on TV in some form or another be it the original show, a spin off or one of the movies.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:04 AM  
Senior Member

Anoka, Minnesota
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 101 | Kudos: +11
Even in the Star Trek universe I don't think you could have consolidated that many people to accomplish the goal that was put forth by Janeway. They were basically on the other side of the universe in what seemed an area that was advanced as the federation. Why not set up your own kingdom in that area. Granted that would not have made a TV show. I just found the idea of it being week from the start.

By the way 7 of 9 was just a plot filler and stage prop. 7 of 9 replaced Nelix as the know everything about everyone part of the plot. Plus they had to call up Krylon to spray on her uniform every day. Why did she not wear the same uniform as everyone else on the ship was a mystery to me. The made all the Makii? where the Star Fleet uniform why not 7 of 9?

Over all I thought it was the worst series of them all.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 AM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
I enjoy pretty much all the shows that have been put out. I don't think the others are as good as the original 79 shows but still pretty good. I mean as you read this Star Trek is on TV in some form or another be it the original show, a spin off or one of the movies.
That's true. Roddenberry's legacy is vast, considering every single last science fiction writer credits him as inspiration as well, heck even Asimov was involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Brotherbill View Post
Even in the Star Trek universe I don't think you could have consolidated that many people to accomplish the goal that was put forth by Janeway. They were basically on the other side of the universe in what seemed an area that was advanced as the federation. Why not set up your own kingdom in that area. Granted that would not have made a TV show. I just found the idea of it being week from the start.

By the way 7 of 9 was just a plot filler and stage prop. 7 of 9 replaced Nelix as the know everything about everyone part of the plot. Plus they had to call up Krylon to spray on her uniform every day. Why did she not wear the same uniform as everyone else on the ship was a mystery to me. The made all the Makii? where the Star Fleet uniform why not 7 of 9?

Over all I thought it was the worst series of them all.
If they had stayed and set up shop it would have been against the Prime Directive. The majority of the cultures they encountered where of lower technology.

Plus, there's is a mission of discovery, not imperialism.

I like Voyager. Better then say DS9 or anything but he first two.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:47 PM  
Member
 
addie's Avatar

san marcos, texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 93 | Kudos: +14
Images: 3
I used to watch the original Star Trek and Next Generation, but now it just brings back embarrassing memories. My mother and her brother and sister were all really big trekkies. One year, when I was in middle school, my mother sewed each of them Star Trek uniforms complete with cardboard communication badge thingies and tasers. They looked just like the real thing. Then we all went to the botanical gardens so they could pretend play star trek and take pictures. They ran around pretending to shoot their lasers and and talking to their cardboard badges.

Needless to say, that pretty much made me not a fan of star trek.

I should also note that of all the handsome characters in star trek, my mother was infatuated with Spok, she liked how unemotional he was or something weird like that.

Oh, and the latest star trek movie was really good.
__________________
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:31 PM  
Senior Member

Anoka, Minnesota
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 101 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
If they had stayed and set up shop it would have been against the Prime Directive. The majority of the cultures they encountered where of lower technology.

Plus, there's is a mission of discovery, not imperialism.

I like Voyager. Better then say DS9 or anything but he first two.
As I recall everyone the came across had warp drive. So Prime Directive out. The Mission of Discovery would be out as well because half of the crew was from outside the Federation. So there goals and mentality would be different then the rest of the crew. I'm not saying that they were to become the next Empire. But wasn't it like 500 years at maximum warp to get back to the Alpha Quadrant? Janneway would be dead for 450 years of that mission. I just don't see that crew buying into that kind of a plan.

And how can you like Voyager over DS9. DS9 gave you way more information about the Federation and the races that were associated with it then all the other series ever did. Plus Cisco was a supreme bad a$$. The episodes were more inventive then the rest also.

Voyager was just a wagon train in space. Lets see how much trouble we can get into this episode and what kind of new amazing way we can get out of it. You would think after running into the second hostile race in a row. They would have found a place to hang out in peace.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:30 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
I used to watch the original Star Trek and Next Generation, but now it just brings back embarrassing memories. My mother and her brother and sister were all really big trekkies. One year, when I was in middle school, my mother sewed each of them Star Trek uniforms complete with cardboard communication badge thingies and tasers. They looked just like the real thing. Then we all went to the botanical gardens so they could pretend play star trek and take pictures. They ran around pretending to shoot their lasers and and talking to their cardboard badges.

Needless to say, that pretty much made me not a fan of star trek.

I should also note that of all the handsome characters in star trek, my mother was infatuated with Spok, she liked how unemotional he was or something weird like that.

Oh, and the latest star trek movie was really good.
I'm embarrassed for you. Ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Brotherbill View Post
As I recall everyone the came across had warp drive. So Prime Directive out. The Mission of Discovery would be out as well because half of the crew was from outside the Federation. So there goals and mentality would be different then the rest of the crew. I'm not saying that they were to become the next Empire. But wasn't it like 500 years at maximum warp to get back to the Alpha Quadrant? Janneway would be dead for 450 years of that mission. I just don't see that crew buying into that kind of a plan.

And how can you like Voyager over DS9. DS9 gave you way more information about the Federation and the races that were associated with it then all the other series ever did. Plus Cisco was a supreme bad a$$. The episodes were more inventive then the rest also.

Voyager was just a wagon train in space. Lets see how much trouble we can get into this episode and what kind of new amazing way we can get out of it. You would think after running into the second hostile race in a row. They would have found a place to hang out in peace.
The were all Federation, Chakotay was the Maquis leader and submitted to Star Fleet. Hence discovery still on.

The Maquis were out to get the Cardassians. Had to be in the Alpha for that, not to mention the rest of their families. If I;m not mistaken DS9 covered the Dominion wars right?

If you remember they were out to find another caretaker. They new they weren't going to get home by just pointing and heading that way. They were searching out technologies to help them.

The Prime directive is only relevant to prewarp drive civilizations, true, but they ran into unknown technological levels, and were constantly having to adapt to new situations.

I haven't seen DS9 in years. I'll sit down and watch it again, the worst StarTrek is better than most of the "good" stuff on nowadays.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:33 PM  
Member

green bay, wi
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 36 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post

I haven't seen DS9 in years. I'll sit down and watch it again, the worst StarTrek is better than most of the "good" stuff on nowadays.
Yes I was thinking the same thing. I didnt care much Voyager when it was originaly out but now it seems to be "better" for some reason.

Maybe only because there is a serious lack of space related shows on.
I'm sorry but I liked Caprica (not all that spacey but, eh) SGU has it moments and is most definatly better than last season.

But I wierdly miss Enterprise. It went good, bad, to good again, then uggh. But I still wanna watch it, or something anything in the Trekverse.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:56 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
I fell behind on SGU and am going to have to catch up at some point.

I've been looking for DS9 season 1 for cheep.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.