Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2011, 12:50 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Thor

Why do I keep watching these? In all fairness I liked some of it, the mythos of heroes origination's I've always found entertaining, but when story telling doesn't get to the level expected then what?

That's the question I found myself asking. Then what? The movie had developed a good amount of atmosphere, then to leave those questions unanswered I found frustrating. Hearing and seeing more of Odin's war, or the history of the ice giants, or more of their planet, or more of their society would have been great. Also who are these people hanging out with Thor? His friends clearly, I know not who they are though.

Being raised on mythology I have to let the nerd in me die (sounds easier than it is) and both my comic nerd and mythology nerd were having it out on this one, I think if anything I'm grateful I never read the Thor series growing up, I just knew a little of it from story cross overs and friends who liked it.

Taken for what it is, a half developed eye catching action movie, it was great, but I will not be recommending this when the question "Seen anything good lately?" comes up unless that person just likes action movies, than by all means have at it.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:05 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I watched Thor on Friday and share your disappointment. Anthony Hopkins was out of place amid those B movie types and the story was feeble.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:28 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
I watched Thor on Friday and share your disappointment. Anthony Hopkins was out of place amid those B movie types and the story was feeble.
I thought he was out of place as well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

« Louie | Netflix »

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.