Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2011, 12:36 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Valhalla Rising

Valhalla Rising is brutal. If you have an issue with extreme violence stay away from this movie. It's not over the top in that it is all possible and probable damage based on the means of attack, but in this case I find the realism to be far more disturbing than buckets of fake blood and a giant in a mask.

I say that, but then I couldn't turn it off.

Following "One eye" the protagonist who is never named, Valhalla Rising follows the two main characters on a voyage into "hell" in a ideological age that had to be as confusing as a possible voyage to the holy land to fight unknown hordes.

Dependent on a strange score and often times off putting shots, the sense of desolation and the alienation of the characters lends to identifying with them without ever making a connection. As I rooted for One Eye I found myself asking why. I felt something with this move, a feat not easily accomplished by recent movies.

I recommend this, but clearly with the disclaimers outlined.

All in all, a great movie.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads