Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2012, 11:08 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Veteran of the Year......Guess who it is?

Received in an e-mail, as it appears all my information comes from,
but just thought it was definitely worth being brought to your attention....
you'll be as surprised to see who it is.....don't miss the comments under
the video, you'll like them, too~.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Kristofferson

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kris+Kristofferson&hl=en&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS 435&prmd=imvnsol&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=fy4LT6WFD eb20gHjyuWTAg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0 CAwQ_AUoAQ&biw=1066&bih=547

Quote:
Subject: Vet of the Year (Surprise)

Many people may have forgotten about this man's time in the U.S. Army.. He's the son of an Air Force General, and an accomplished Golden Gloves boxer. He graduated from Pomona College with a B.S. degree, and then became a Rhodes Scholar from Oxford University.

He joined the U.S. Army at the prompting of his father. After graduating from Officer Candidate School he attended and graduated from both Army Airborne and Ranger training at the very top of each class.. He was selected for U. S. Army Special Forces Training but refused so that he could attend pilot training where he earned his wings, and became an accomplished U.S. Army helicopter (gun ship) pilot, and achieved the rank of Captain.

He was about to be promoted to the rank of Major, and appointed to teach English Literature at West Point (and give up his gun ship) when he resigned his commission from the Army to go into music and acting. You can tell in this video that his time in the military means a lot to him. I won't give away who it is. Just watch. I bet you'll be surprised as surprised as I was!
WIllie and Kris at the AVA's!

Quote:
Country music legend and Air Force veteran Willie Nelson introduces his great friend Kris Kristofferson who makes an emotional speech accepting the Veteran Of The Year Award

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads