Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2010, 01:41 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Git um Austin

On a side note, anyone every read "Play their hearts out"?
Evidently he's dead. I wish someone had told me.

No, who's it by?

Old 12-30-2010, 08:52 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
George Dohrmann. I haven't read it yet, but I've heard it's a pretty honest book, which I like. It's a documentary by a sports reporter over a few years when he was embedded investigating little junior high/slightly younger kids and all the corruption by their parents, coaches, etc. to use the kids to make money.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-03-2011, 09:25 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
That's interesting. Evidently it's more widespread than I was aware of.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:56 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Anyone read "Patricia Cornwell".....she used to live in Richmond, VA and I have a good friend that says they are kin to her (an aside) and read every book (I haven't made it through this one yet, ).......I picked up this book (because of that) at a "Thrift Store" and found it had her autograph in it......could'nt believe it..
What book are you reading?-patricia-cornwell-1.-2-.jpg 

Old 01-22-2011, 02:17 PM  

Reading, PA
Currently reading Star Wars: The Approaching Storm.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:35 PM  

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Brotherbill View Post
Actually he has written a few books. And if you listen to his music you could guess that his books are about being a modern day pirate and not giving a bleep about anything but having a good time.

Actually he can spin a good tale. If you want to read a book that will make you want to sell your house and move to the tropics pick up one of his books.

A real nice read!! Jimmy Buffett has wroten three books if Im not mastaken. One is a autobiagrphy, and the other two storys. Realy well written and a fun read!!!

Right now Im working on this...... Im realy enjoying it a lot.
What book are you reading?-310618-l.jpg 

Old 01-23-2011, 03:35 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Mark Twain is great! I've read most of his stuff.
You might enjoy Farley Mowat.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:27 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
Anyone read "Patricia Cornwell".....she used to live in Richmond, VA and I have a good friend that says they are kin to her (an aside) and read every book (I haven't made it through this one yet, ).......I picked up this book (because of that) at a "Thrift Store" and found it had her autograph in it......could'nt believe it..
I read her book on the Ripper, good book.

She had me convinced.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:29 PM  

South St. Paul, Minnesota
I just picked up the latest by Tom Clancy.."Dead or Alive" 950 pages long and so far (page 296) pretty good. much better than his last one ( Teeth of the Tiger)

I also picked up the latest Vince Flynn offering too - American Assassin. I will start that when I am done with the clancy book.

I just finished the latest W.E.B. Griffin book - "the Outlaws" wasn't that impressed. too much rehashing of the other books, and too much dialogue and not enough "action"
Old 01-25-2011, 03:56 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn4wheeler View Post
I just picked up the latest by Tom Clancy.."Dead or Alive" 950 pages long and so far (page 296) pretty good. much better than his last one ( Teeth of the Tiger)

I also picked up the latest Vince Flynn offering too - American Assassin. I will start that when I am done with the clancy book.

I just finished the latest W.E.B. Griffin book - "the Outlaws" wasn't that impressed. too much rehashing of the other books, and too much dialogue and not enough "action"

Would you get back on here and let me know how Dead or Alive was? I think that'll be my next one after my current one (Decision Points, George W Bush.)

I'm in the mood for another Tom Clancy book! I think I've read Rainbow Six at least three times!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!