Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-13-2011, 10:05 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
winning?

Quote:
(CBS) It's official: Ashton Kutcher is joining "Two and a Half Men," the CBS sitcom from which Charlie Sheen was fired in March 2011.

Pictures: Ashton Kutcher
Pictures: Charlie Sheen
Hugh Grant: A missed opportunity for "Two and a Half Men"?

Kutcher fueled the speculation when he tweeted cryptically Thursday, "what's the square root of 6.25?" (The answer is 2.5.)

In a statement Friday, CBS said, "The multi-talented Kutcher, whose success spans film, television and social media, will join Jon Cryer, Angus T. Jones, Holland Taylor, Marin Hinkle and Conchata Ferrell on the top-rated series. Production on the ninth season of the Emmy Award-nominated "Two and a Half Men" will begin this summer for broadcast on the CBS Television Network in the fall."

In the same press release, Kutcher said, "I can't wait to get to work with this ridiculously talented 2.5 team and I believe we can fill the stage with laughter that will echo in viewers' homes," adding, "I can't replace Charlie Sheen but I'm going to work my ass off to entertain the hell out of people!"

As of 1 p.m. EDT Friday, Sheen hadn't tweeted about the news. The actor was fired from the show after months of strange interviews, trips to the hospital and tales of drug use. After being fired, Sheen went on a nationwide live tour to decidedly mixed reviews, with some criticism being very negative.
[/HTML]http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20062649-10391698.html[/HTML]
winning?-winningash_0.jpg 

Old 05-14-2011, 11:33 AM  

Shuswap, BC
I think it will be an EPIC fail.
Kutcher is a crappy actor in my opinion, and besides Charlie is the one that made that show great.
I will not be watching it anymore.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:12 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Kutcher is a crappy actor in my opinion, and besides Charlie is the one that made that show great.
I dunno BC, I discovered 2.5 Men reruns about a year ago while dealing with some depression. I discovered 2.5 Men was an hour of pretty mindless, completely predictable distraction. Both leads and even the kid can act fine but it's the comedic shots that make it funny. Bertha seems to get the best lines.

I never watched Ashton do more than act dumb (which he does as if he is) so actual acting will be a bonus.

Charlie Sheen is likable but he just threw a tantrum on a National stage and sold tickets to it.
winning?-winning_cracked.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Art / Entertainment
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.