Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2010, 07:57 AM  

Savannah, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambriel View Post
If you go, be sure and try the shepherd's pie. It's the best I've had in the city.
I also enjoy the fish and chips and the Brunswick Stew.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:47 AM  

Sugar Hill, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dplittle View Post
How can you not love a place that has a glass of bacon on the menu?! We also love the Peppadews (small peppers stuffed with goat cheese) and the mussels.

When Miles is there behind the bar (which is most of the time) make sure to just get his evening special drink. It's always great.
Mmmmmm, bacon.
I only ate there once, and it was good, but nothing to rave about. I love the place, but not for the food.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:48 AM  

Sugar Hill, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbone View Post
Second to The Porter Beer bar in the Little 5 Points area and less than 10 minutes away is The Brick Store Pub.
I like both Porter and Brickstore, but I'd have to give the edge to Brickstore. Either place is cool.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:28 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
Great Bar - That place and Porter are my two favorites in Atlanta. The Trappeze in Athens is with them as the best bar I've been to in Georgia.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:53 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
mmmm Brickstore. I am salivating at the beer menus just thinking about it. Has anyone else heard that they may be opening a new location next year somewhere on Memorial Dr. near Grant Park? I am really looking forward to having one closer to where I live.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:32 PM  

Kirkwood, Georgia
Yes, The Brick Store Pub and more accurately the Belgian Room upstairs. Get there early in the evening if you want a seat... it gets crowded. And forget about date nite on the weekends.
Beer selection is top notch. They rotate out the specials of the month and are getting new ones in often.
Very smart bar staff that knows everything about beer.
And the food is not to be missed. Try the "Shepard's Daughter's Pie"
Good times.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:38 AM  

Atlanta, Georgia
You cannot go wrong with these cheese plate that they offer (or the beer and cheese pairing on the first Monday of every month). The cheeses are locally sourced when possible and unbelievable.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:35 AM  

atlanta, GA
downtown decatur isn't smoker friendly. The midway pub In EAV is My fav. they have a good beer selection and reasonable food.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:37 AM  

Sugar Hill, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by labguy64 View Post
downtown decatur isn't smoker friendly. The midway pub In EAV is My fav. they have a good beer selection and reasonable food.
There aren't too many places except bars that are smoker friendly. If cigarettes weren't a cause of deadly disease, it might be different.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:35 PM  

Savannah, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by shep99 View Post
Has anyone else heard that they may be opening a new location next year somewhere on Memorial Dr. near Grant Park?
The Grant Park project has been on again, off again for a couple years. Last I heard it was back on. It will have a smaller selection than the original Pub but will have the same approach to good beer.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Bookmark this Page!