Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-16-2010, 08:57 AM  

Atlanta
Fernbank Museum of Natural History

What exhibits are on display?

Thinking of taking off a day from work to go.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:34 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1234 View Post
What exhibits are on display?

Thinking of taking off a day from work to go.
Little late I know, but if you have not gone yet you should check the Fernbank site. I have a friend that is working there right now redesigning part of it and its not a small project. Some of the space maybe closed.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:20 AM  

Atlanta
That's a bummer.

But, there still seems to be a lot playing in the IMAX right now.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:07 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Yeah, they're not working on the IMAX, they're doing some redesign on the children's section. I don't imagine you'll have any trouble seeing a movie.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:50 PM  
Beer Review Dude

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Love this place. I don't know when they do their chocolate exhibit, but I went once with my wife and loved it.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:50 AM  

Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrookeiv View Post
Love this place. I don't know when they do their chocolate exhibit, but I went once with my wife and loved it.
Chocolate exhibit?! Sounds good to me. What was it?
Old 11-18-2010, 11:28 AM  

Nashville, TN
Pretty good museum. I went with the family about a year ago. The kids enjoyed the bubble section - if you can get other kids off and stop being greedy.

Also... this is the half way point between the Porter Beer bar and the Brick Store Pub! lol
Old 11-19-2010, 05:53 PM  

Atlanta, GA
Don't forget the other Fernbank museum, the Fernbank Science Center, just around the corner. There's a planetarium and a telescope/observatory. Once a week (it may only be during the summer, but I'm not sure) they have public viewings through the big telescope. It's pretty fun.

There's also a small museum there, which includes some animals and an Apollo capsule!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:32 PM  

Atlanta, Georgia
Fernbank is always a great place to visit - the Martinis at night thing they do is also a good time. Have done that a few times with the wife and friends and always enjoy it.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:06 AM  

Atlanta, GA
When my son and daughter were little, I used to take them to Fernbank. We always had a great time! There was a dinosaur exhibit there that my son really loved. I think my daughter and I enjoyed the planetarium most. I think it had an extremely positive impact on their academic abilities, and we all learned to take a more scientific approach. -Mouldings

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.