Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-16-2011, 07:13 AM  

Havelock, NC
Georgia greatest place in the World!

I just wanted to say that I think Georgia is quite possibly the greatest place in the world! Now I havent been too many other places but the ones I have been arent nearly as nice as Georgia. I mean we have an awsome city (Atlanta) which has sooo much to do. Just an hour north theres Lake Lanier which is beautiful. The Chatahochee river which is also beautiful and a great place to fish or hang out. The North Georgia Mountains are always a good time if you like the outdoors. Most of our metro Atlanta is very well landscaped and you can go just about anywhere on Marta for very little money.
What are your guys favorite things about Georgia?

Old 04-01-2011, 01:37 PM  

Marietta, GA
I love the weather. We have four distinct seasons and get to enjoy all of them. None of them are as extreme as they could be. Plus, I love the location, close enough for family vacations to the Gulf coast and the mountians are even closer!

Old 06-23-2011, 05:40 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GXLancer View Post
I just wanted to say that I think Georgia is quite possibly the greatest place in the world! Now I havent been too many other places but the ones I have been arent nearly as nice as Georgia. I mean we have an awsome city (Atlanta) which has sooo much to do. Just an hour north theres Lake Lanier which is beautiful. The Chatahochee river which is also beautiful and a great place to fish or hang out. The North Georgia Mountains are always a good time if you like the outdoors. Most of our metro Atlanta is very well landscaped and you can go just about anywhere on Marta for very little money.
What are your guys favorite things about Georgia?
Basically, what you said.

The Golden Isles--Brunswick, St.Simons al and Savannah are just the best.
The little bugs --I could live w/o, mold and mildew--not great if you have allegies.

I am a Native Georgian---it is a good place to live. Atlanta is Progressive and other parts of the state often are 'resistant to change'. Some are locked into post-Civil War era thinking--I am not so proud of that. Then there is the issue of selling alcohol on Sunday--some just don't want to understand that the 'buying' of alcohol on any day is not something that would really be 'Wrong' to God. If you are a Christian and you believe Sunday is God's day then of course you will live accordingly.
There are other religions and beliefs and if stores had to close on the days that are sacred to each and every religion or belief then life would become very complicated.

jmo--of course.
The motto of GA--'Moderation, Wisdom and Justice' something like that--has always made good sense to me. There are extreme political beliefs on either side--but what is best for everyone --'Compromise'--is about the only way that a society can actually function. jmo, again.

It has been this way since the founding--1732--Ogelthorpe, et al. If you know anything about GA politics the Legislators won't budge on what they perceive to be a cornerstone of the government. sigh--We have some interesting politicians. That's for sure.

I'm in DeKalb county--things are actually better here than many people think.
You'll hear about the crime--all kinds of it. You don't hear how well the DeKalb PD addresses that issue. Those guys/gals are great. Really dedicated to stopping any sort of crime. They could use more support. I certainly couldn't do what they do. SWAT team---no--I wouldn't like that. The way things are anything could happen any time. The world is just 'out of control'--that is all I know.

DeKalb's Parks and Recreation Dept is doing incredible things. I don't know how==very little $ available. That has always been a problem in DeKalb--guess it will always be a problem. They do try to find alternative solutions to supplement what may be available from taxes. People will get worked up and find reasons to resist innovative ideas, I have learned that.

'Anal' world --some things are not that important and some things are very important--depending on your POV.

I always thought--maybe living on a remote island in the South Pacific would be better. Robert Louis Stevenson, one of my favorite authors, got to that point, 18C Scotland, IIRC. His family built Lighthouses---and he was a writer, poet with health problems. He just couldn't take the pressure to be what he was not.

So he left. Traveled around. I can't do that--just have to find ways to reduce the stress of technology, traffic and all the things that go into daily life in The ATL. I have become an ATLien. It is fun--just do your thing, let others do theirs. It is simple enough.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads